“Newcastle IBIS”
Review of Ibis Newcastle

Ibis Newcastle
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Newcastle is a great place to visit. The Ibis Newcastle is well located and in good walking distance to many attractions. You can then take the train back two stations from the city centre. The Ibis is guaranteed value and good facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2010

To start with I thought the room was just grubby, but as my stay progressed I realised it was filthy.

The bathroom & fridge need to be cleaned.
I found the back of the room service menu had been used as a plate by previous guest & was covered in gone off salad.
I found a milkshake bottle under the bed, fermenting well.

I raised this after the first night & no action was taken. & I just got an apology when I checked out.

I have been travelling for over 6 months & this was the most unclean hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Dave6636
Dubbo
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Yes the stay in the Hotel was good but I wasnt very happy when I arrived and was told that I had to pay $12 on top of my room for parking my car. When I booked the hotel I booked as it was a good price but it didnt say anything on the booking form that there would be a $12 fee for parking. Probably if I had of known I wouldn't have stayed there. If hotels say on there web site they have parking they MUST make it clrar to the guests that it is extra if they are going to charge for it. Other wise I was happy with the room and service of the staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Basic accommodation but handy for our purposes. Restaurant was being renovated which was an inconvenience but enjoyed good food & service at Mecure Hotel down the road which was an alternative whilst renovations were happening.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
sydney
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Great stay, thank you to Rebecca (AM) for all her help in organising our rooms.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed with my 12 year old and two other mums and kids, each family with a twin room. Check in quick and friendly, rooms small but clean and perfectly adequate - funny modular bathrooms made us feel like we were in a boat, but good shower and all the usual shampoo etc. Hotel restaurant undergoing renovation but they had the courtesy to let us know a week or so before and to recommend where to go for dinner - basic breakfast provisions were provided in lobby. The area is a bit dodgy tho clearly up-and-coming - lots of building and remodelling going on around. Easy walk to the new dockland dining precinct, wouldn't walk around late at night, but we were sleeping like babes in comfy beds by then. Check out quick, friendly and efficient, close to cafe areas - we were happy!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Brisbane
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Not the standard we have come to expct from Accor. We would not recommend this hotel to others, especially friends, there is much that needs improve.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple