All reviewsbudget hotelbathroom podhunter streetroom was cleanshort staybreakfast was includedper nightwould stay againeasy accessqueen bedconvenient locationreception staffsaturday nightprefabhoneysucklecbdproximity
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the kind of experience that makes you want to travel more!!
As I checked out of this hotel, I left something at the front desk. Since the rest of the day would have me no closer than 45 minutes to the hotel, and the airport was in the opposite direction, I was reluctant to return. The Front Office manager said that the Hotel Manager lived near the Airport. He was happy to deliver my item to the airport and leave with "Lost Property".
After a long day with customers, I arrived to meet my flight and retrieved my belongings.

This goes far beyond what is expected from a hotel and their staff. Congrats to Thomas and Christina for service "Above and beyond".

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stay regularly here.Nice comfy new beds are awesome.Latex I think with pillowtops and soft padded matress protector and soft new pillows.A definite improvement and in line with the upgrading/refurb of the hotel.Good to see the continuing improvements guys.
Service as always is excellent !Food in restaurant pretty good as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's small, not very well maintained with bare smelly carpets in places and very tired fixtures. The bed had seen better days, there was a sad little open cupboard for wardrobe space and the air-con wheezed like an old timer. Not good.
Now let's talk about the crazy, semi-circular plastic pre-fab bathroom cublicle thing plonked in the corner of the room. Weird, but kind of liked it, and made me forgive the rest fo the room. Clearly an all-in-one module that was dropped into corner of room - quite spacious and clean and a but funky. I liked it....sort of like being in a boat cabin.
Anyway, this place is cheap, handy so you get what you pay for...with the extra bathroom oddity to make it more interetsing than it would otherwise be.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed in Ibis Newcastle a few days ago during a 1 day halt at Newcastle. I selected Ibis due to its popularity, however, I didn't find the hotel good enough for the name it carries. I felt like I was staying in a cheap motel. The entrance and lobby was great to attract guest, but the rooms were very small for the price paid. There was no air conditioning in the 3rd floor lobby where I was staying. And the Air condition in my room was not working and felt suffocated. I had to open my room window to get some fresh air. The bathroom had a smell of strong chlorine. Not happy at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deep850
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I found the carpets in the room quite dirty and the overall cleanliness in the hotel was quite poor.
Staff at the reception wasn't very welcoming and I waited at the restaurant counter for 5 min and few staff members went past but no one asked what I was after. Finally I had to go out for dinner.