“Was Really Great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Coco Monde Chocolateria
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Newcastle
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brisbane QLD
“Was Really Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went there with a colleague and really ejoyed the esperience. The Milkshake was made with real chocolate, the meals were a decent size I had teh chicken pictured below and it was delicious and I was doubting whether to have dessert but opted in and had the Sticky Date Pudding. Was yum.

Overall I really enjoyed it and so did my colleague.

newcastle nsw
“Soooo tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Undoubtedly the best risotto I have ever tasted! Accompanied by a lovely glass of pinot gris this was a great casual dining experience. Service was great- will definitely be back and can highly recommend :)

“Food needs balance.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I had the Jaffa brûlée, my husband had twice baked chocolate cake. We left a bit disappointed ( my husband feeling a bit sick) even though we both ate only half of our servings. $value? They were so rich in my opinion ceased to be pleasant to eat. We are sweet tooths normally and have been here before. It seemed as if things are richer than 12 months ago!.. I would recommend a more generous serve of ice cream to go on the side of these desserts ...or cut back on the rich ingredients a little. A hint of something is sometimes better than being overloaded with it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a high tea booked for a works Christmas party. We all are very busy people and really enjoyed the quality of service and friendliness of staff. The waiter on this occasion was fantastic and couldn't be more helpful with anything that we asked. The food was all of good quality and tasted amazing. This is definitely somewhere I will be coming back to again!

• Visited December 2013
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Four of my friends and I went to coco monde for some tea and a bite to eat. Two of us didn't want anything to drink and because of this a female staff member quite rudely told us that we were not welcome to stay. I've been a loyal customer and have been going since the day coco monde opened and have never experienced such a rude service. My friends and I left as we felt extremely uncomfortable and we will definitely reconsider coming back again
Another waiter attempted to clarify what his co-worker had intended to say to us, he said that customers who do not order anything are not welcome as they take up seats that other potential paying customers could use. Although I can understand the need to encourage paying customers, at the time the restaurant was fairly empty and we had intended to order food to share between the five of us.
Regardless of the amount of people in the restaurant turning people away discourages repeat customers, and in the long run decreases any businesses customer base.

1 Thank cfid1