“Best in town ”

Ranked #4 of 10 Dessert in Newcastle
Cuisines: Italian
“Best in town ”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best gelato and sorbet in town!! Super friendly staff, affectionally nicknamed Ma and Pa by us. Lovely service, everything is tasty plus they do custom cakes, I have one happy hubby.

Newcastle, Australia
“Just like in Italy....”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This gelato bar is amazing! The flavours are all so close to true flavours, and the consistency is super smooth. The lovely Italian couple who own it seriously know their gelato! Every time I'm here,it brings back memories of getting gelato in Italy, because that's how authentic it tastes! Love it!

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Best cannelloni ever!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Seriously, try the spinach and ricotta ravioli (takeaway is better than sitting in) - it's amazing!!! The gelato is good too!

• Visited January 2014
“SILENT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited Newcastle's G&G gelato to finish up our night.
I enjoyed a small cup of banana and cookies and cream and LOVED IT!!

HOWEVER, we were put off by the man who served us. He didn't say a word and was very inpatient whilst we made our decisions.

The decision making process was difficult without the typical opportunity at a gelato store to "try before you buy".

The little sign deterring us from having a taste test, didn't make us happy as it suggested but instead disappointed.

In summary, the gelato was sweet but the experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Newcastle, Australia
“This really is the best gelato”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This little cafe sells the most delicious gelato I've ever tasted.

They also sell a small selection of home made meals. I think the cuisine is Italian/Mediterranean. Everything is home-made, including the gelato which is made from scratch on the premises. My favourite flavour is coconut, my husband's favourite is bubblegum.

There are a couple of tables & chairs inside and also some out the front.

I highly recommend this little cafe. It's become our regular place for a weekend gelato.

• Visited September 2013