“A Must Visit”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Masons is one of Newcastle's top restaurants for good reasons. The owner/chef, Chris, is very passionate about his work & this enthusiasm extends to all the staff. The food & service is just fantastic, we are never disappointed.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The food here was delicious! There is a separate vegetarian menu which we both ate from. Service was very friendly, although a little slow, but it was busy. The food was worth the wait anyway! Slightly on the expensive side, but would definitely recommend and return

2  Thank PinkPinkPinkSydney
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took friends for lunch. Sat at the back on more comfortable chairs ( recommend)
Food was of very high standard. I had the Potato wrapped hens egg ,white asparagus etc for entre. It was perfectly prepared and had a wonderful of flavour. I followed with the pork belly, also excellent and not the least excessively fatty. My friend s all enjoyed their meals
Service was fine and recommend and will return ourselves. The only reason my bill seemed expensive was because started with Billecart Salmon Rose

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We were a table of four, and from the time we arrived to when we were the last table to leave, we had a fabulous dining experience.
For entree I had the kingfish ceviche, such a pretty plate/presentation and super fresh. My friends had the leeks, eggplant and zucchini flowers for their entrees and weren't disappointed.
For mains two of us had the chicken. I wouldn't normally order chicken but took the punt and it was really good. Succulent and super tasty. There was the lamb assiete and also the market fish ordered. All delicious. The waitstaff we encountered were attentive, helpful and discreet. Well done Restaurant Mason, we'll be back!!

1  Thank Mazel2000
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'd eaten here twice before and not been blown away but was keen to give it another go as I'm keen to support fine dining in Newie.
So we went Saturday night for the degustation with premium matched wines.
The whole thing was superb and as good an experience as I've had eating anywhere.
The staff were excellent on the night and helpful with the booking before.
I wanted to give them more kudos on the night but babysitter drama meant we had to exit in a hurry. So I do this review instead.
Well done