“Not nice”

Cuisines: American, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Took my partner for b/day.Lobster fest!Dry lobster,ok steak.I had steak with garlic prawns,Glug sauce and disgusting.glug with bit garlic.3prawns.offered 25% disc on lobster.big deal.wont go again!!!

There are newer reviews for Hog's Breath Cafe

Reviewed November 4, 2013

First we tried to book for 7 but were asked to come at 7:15, only to find the place two-thirds empty. As we were being led outside to sit (and it was cold tonight), I asked if we could sit inside. We were offered a table right next to the main door and right in the main thoroughfare from the kitchen. When I asked if we could have a seat away from the door, we were sat one table away, in front of another door. Meanwhile, there were plenty of empty tables and booths further inside but they soon packed those areas up early. Nothing says we can't wait till you leave so that we can go home like packing up whole areas of a restaurant early! Then we had to wait 50 minutes for two mains. After asking us initially about drinks, we were not asked again if we wanted anything to drink. The food was only average (steak unevenly cooked and very little meat in the lobster), only one serviette was supplied to clean up from eating lobster with your hands, no utensils to eat the lobster and not once did anybody ask us if everything was okay or if we were enjoying our meal! If Hog's Breath still has a customer service script the staff there tonight weren't reading from it! I couldn't wait to leave and at almost $80 we certainly didn't receive value for money tonight!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I absolutely love their steaks, other dishes not as good the chicken can be dry at times I'm told by my fellow diners, I always have a steak of some description. The service is a little slow though. The view is lovely. Just a shame about service& overall prep of meals other than steaks

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We got there after 12 for lunch.They asked us to WAIT at the bar while they get a table.We passed 7 empty tables on the way to the bar.Seems like a plot to get us to spend money at the bar.NEVER GOING BACK.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The quality of food is ok. Reasonably fast food service. It gets loud quickly. Staff take one drink order and food order and your lucky to see them again. Could be really good if staff were more attentive to customers. Not the most comfortable seating outside, still warm with the heaters on outside in winter.