“Love this place”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What can I say? Great location, high quality ingredients and flavoursome dishes that are inventive and well portioned. I love this place, will always be one of my favourites!

2  Thank NightDiner

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Last night we dined here for the first time, one of the appeals being the flat rate of $32 for all mains. The sample menu on the website looked very gourmet so I was keen. For an entree I ordered the gnocchi with beef cheek and chipolte. My partner opted for just a main. Well... I am what you might call a "salt freak" with my resistance to choose flavour over the health warnings about how too much salt in your diet is just not healthy. However, this dish was so salty that I could only finish half of it. Also I had asked the waitress cheekily was there a decent amount of beef cheek served. "Oh yes" was the reply, however there was only a tiny amount. The main I ordered was salmon with broad bean and artichoke, very oily without enough acidity to cut through the slightly over cooked salmon. A lemon or lime wedge or hit of vinegar in the sauce would have assisted this. My partner went for the pork belly. A small serve of 3 small slices of thinly sliced pork, two types of mash and many different vegetables and raisins, in total 11 different components on one plate which did not work together.

1  Thank Sophies-Comments
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have visited Sprout half a dozen times now and have always been impressed. The menu is always completely different with lots of unique adventurous dishes that are delicious. The service is always prompt and friendly.
The thing that always stands out to me is the value for money, this place can compete with the best fine dining in Newcastle but for a fraction of the price. Ate here on Saturday with my husband, 3 courses each, cocktails and a bottle of wine $160! (with the entertainment card)

1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sprout Dining is one of my favourite restaurants at Honeysuckle, Newcastle. I have been many
times & the atmosphere, staff & food never disappoint. Not a lot of choice with the menu but
whatever you order will be delicious.

1  Thank 50young
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were visiting from Melbourne and decide to try Sprout Dining as it seemed a more modern and less elaborate choice than some of the other Newcastle restaurants. The menu is not extensive but offers more than enough choice of fresh seasonal dishes. We shared an entree and dessert and had individual main courses. Everyone was delighted with their meals and we all agreed that it was one of the most pleasant dinners we had had in a long time. The staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. I couldn't recommend it enough.