“Very nice today , but better before”
Review of Sprout Dining

Sprout Dining
Ranked #86 of 577 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I dined here this week and had a very nice meal - excellent service, well priced and we enjoyed the open air feel. Hmmm, but we both had the same entree and one looked great and the other a bit of a train wreck - lopsided soufflé! And the salad was a bit over oiled. But the fish was fantastic. And great petits fours . But my darling wife said it was better last time she dined here. So I think Sprout can be great, but a little inconsistent

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A pleasant enough room and a nice table but that's where it ended. A very limited menu and wine list with prices to match a fine dining resturant. My wife and I ordered the chicken main which came out in a large dished plate with pieces of chicken swimming in an unpleasant white sauce. We both could not eat the meal. Our friends ordered the pork belly and the salmon which they both described as just OK. Our friend's pork belly arrived quite late and was virtually slammed down in front of her by a young waitress with an accompanying gruff "Pork Belly". It was like we in an RSL..The wait staff were quite young women who had not real idea how to operate in a supposed fine dining resturant.

Despite requesting coffee to arrive with the "sticky" it arrived well after all the "sticky" had been consumed.

The dining experience was very poor and well below what one expects when paying over $120 per head. Not worth the money and won't be going back

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my best restaurant experience in Newcastle in a long time. Well done. A great meal. Great wine and very helpful staff.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had 2 tables for a work dinner. Everyone was impressed with the food. I had the pork belly and head, truffle salami and figs. Would recommend, had good crispy crackle and meat just fell apart. I am still not sure that the figs and raw onion on the plate complimented the dish, unusual combination. Most people had the lamb and I didn't see anything left on anyone's plate, all excellent reports. Dessert plates were all clean and again excellent reports. Service was good when we could get it. The girls were rushed off their feet. More water needed on tables. All in all a very relaxed casual dining experience with good fresh food.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Cute cafe situated in the Newcastle Museum, perfect for a light lunch. Friendly service and lovely salads.