“Always a nice place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Petite

Bar Petite
Ranked #57 of 558 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bar Petite is small and intimate, completely unique and distinctive for Newcastle.Winner of the Best NSW Bar Award 2012, Owner Operator Michael Kearney has helped create something really special... The Kearney family have over 35 years of long term experience in the hotel industry so Bar Petite is in good hands with owner Michael Kearney owning and operating the Bar. Michael is very social and adds that personal touch. He is always on site or close by putting in the long hours and hard work to see that his customers needs are cared for. Michael and his staff are proving that good things do come in small packages.
“Always a nice place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are after somewhere with a great atmosphere for a few drinks and some nibbles this place is great! It always has nice live background music and the wine selection is really good. The food is also good, although can be a little inconsistent. The prawn bruschetta is amazing! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013

Newcastle, Australia
“Intimate, Lovely and Warm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came by just to have a few cocktails before dinner and to listen to the cool music. It wasn't long before we cancelled our dinner plans elsewhere and stayed the rest of the night. The food was terrific, probably a little over-priced, but we didn't complain. Staff were very friendly and one of the male staff (a little older than the rest) knew a great deal about the wine and beers. An outstanding night was had by all, can't wait to go back. Keep it up guys, Newcastle needs more places like this!

• Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice place. Ordinary food and staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We had Tapas. Chicken was so over cooked it wasn't worth eating. Potatoes left at bar and we had to fetch them ourselves.

East Maitland, Australia
“Nice bar staff - the rest fails”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

A Valentines Day booking turned disastorous with limited food (tapas style) availability as two choices were not available, food was brought out in wrong order, servings were extremely small and then one was forgotten. They made up for it with a complimentary drink, not a good option if you have to drive. Too many other new choices nearby to be let down like this. Live music and a rose for the ladies was a plus, and the barman was friendly and informative. Floor staff were lost with food, offering us other peoples food twice - despite having an allocated number on our table. This confusion was evident a few times around various tables as food was trying to find its owner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Brian C
“are you kidding?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been to this venue many times, not that the staff are likely to recognise me. That's ok, I'm not young and funky, but neither are many of the other customers.
We don't normally eat there but it is a good place to catch up for a drink before you go somewhere else to eat.
The music is another big drawcard. My friends and I love to see live music and the lounges are a comfortable, cosy environment to share this entertainment.
My friend and I popped in on Saturday night about 8.45 on our way home from a great meal elsewhere. We ordered a bottle of wine and intended to have a cheeseplate to finish the night off.
By the time we caught the attention of the girl at the table it was 9 pm. She politely said the kitchen was closed but we could order a cheese plate at the bar.
The young woman at the bar said the kitchen was closed and they had run out of cheese. She had no interest is offering anything else, and in fact, seemed happy to tell me that they would not serve any food. NINE O'CLOCK on a saturday. NO FOOD? Please read your webpage.
When I asked if it was not part of their R.S.A. policy to have food available when alcohol was served the response was that as they were a bar they didn't have to.
I have been in the industry for 35 years and have never heard such a pathetic excuse for, "I can't be bothered."
When I asked to talk to the manager, she smugly answered "I am the manager"
Good luck guys, with an attitude like that you're going to need it.

• Visited February 2013