“"Perfect" Doesn't Do This Venue Justice!”

and 1 more site!
Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 28 Newcastle B&B and Inns
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“"Perfect" Doesn't Do This Venue Justice!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Newcastle's Bed and Breakfast shines a bright and entrancing light through an otherwise dull and mediocre selection of accommodation in Newcastle city. After an exhaustive search for a beautiful, spacious, relaxing space with great food for the weekend of my wedding, my prayers were finally answered when I found Sue and Phil at Newcastle's Bed and Breakfast! The house and gardens are stunning and I knew I'd come to the right place after speaking with Sue for less that 5 minutes.!

I needed a space that would be multi-purpose as I had my small son stay with me the night before the wedding, then on the wedding day I needed enough space to fit a few friends, my Mum, my son, the make-up artist, hairdresser and photographers, then a romantic and serene place to come back to with my lovely new husband! Sue put together the perfect package to suit my needs with delicious food, drinks and all the space I could hope for - she even fed everyone on the wedding day! Phil kept my little boy entertained while I was getting ready and the day was absolutely perfect!

When my husband and I returned on the evening of our wedding, the bedroom had been transformed in to a softly lit romantic boudoir with chilled champagne and chocolates - delightful.

We were sad to leave Sue and Phil - we really felt like old friends as we waved goodbye and drove away - I even had a little tear in my eye! I couldn't have asked for more - thank you Sue and Phil! XX

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Megan & Grant
My apologies for not responding sooner. Unfortunately, I have only just now, read your lovely review.
What can I say??
Such a magnificent review.
Phil & I considered it an absolute honour & a pleasure to look after you both, at this important and special time of your lives, and your gorgeous son, Digby.
We both love what we do here at Newcastle's Bed & Breakfast and after reading all your very very kind words, we must be providing an experience & service that we envisioned that we could achieve to guests that live in & visit our wonderful city of Newcastle.
Thank you once again, you have made us feel very encouraged.
Also......(we are hoping that our 4 chooks (that we got at 10wks of age) start earning their keep by this Christmas!!)
Hope we can catch up in the New Year & find out about Spain etc etc etc
Kindest regards always to you, Megan, Grant & Digby
Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have just driving away and I am feeling really sad to go. You will understand when you stay there! The food was delicious, the kids loved the neighbourhood and Christmas lights, I loved time out in the deep bath and we all loved the special care that came our way in every detail. If you are in Newcastle definitely stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
Missoula, MT
Reviewed December 1, 2012

One of the finest B&B's I've experienced, from the scrumptious home cooked breakfasts, afternoon lemon delicious cake with tea in bone china, fresh cut roses and fragrant gardenias, and beautiful linens on very comfy beds. In addition to the great accomodations, they were extremely helpful in navigating Newcastle where we were visiting out son at the Uni. For a small fee they even helped transport us and our luggage to the Uni and then onto the train station, this would have been a logistical nightmare without their help. Sue and Phil love what they do and it shows in their treatment of guests. Highly recommened!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jacinda but all the rooms looked lovely. The B&B is separate from the living qu...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you are looking for great value and a great "customer first" service experience with comfortable clean rooms and a gourmet breakfast then this is the place for you. Sue and Phil run the place and you get as much or as little attention from them as you want/need. My wife and I have a daughter in Newcastle and I visit regularly on Business so we have stayed there in a variety of accommodations over many years. This is undoubtedly the best value in Town. Lambton is a great location and the property is beautiful. We stayed this week for 3 days in a large comfortable queen bed room with ensuite plus the benefit of a single bed in an immediately adjacent room. We will in future use this as our base for family and for business visits.

Room Tip: The Jacaranda room was fantastic . Good ensuite and very comfortable bed .
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Sue, Phil, Ashley, Paul & Laura hardly had to try, they sre such naturals. We were welcomed into their lovely well-appointed Newcastle home and immediately felt a part of the family and local culture. A relaxed and accommodating environment with all the privacy you required. An ultimate experience from the moment you were welcomed, including fresh cut flowers from the garden, and a bottle of wine to greet you in a spacious and beautifullly decorated room. A first class experience all the way. Not to mention the lovely tour of Newcastle we were given by Phil and Ashley. Thanks guys for making our stay so memorable. On a scale of 1 - 5, you guys rate a 10!

Room Tip: Sue will help you figure it out
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was one of those places with just the right mix of privacy and friendliness. Sue was a great host - never intrusive, but always available when you needed her. Everything was clean, fresh and attractive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It's not just the quality of the accommodation (which was great), or the food (which was even better), it was the way that Sue was so friendly and added those little touches to make the experience so memorable - like bringing me coffee and toast while I was sitting quietly on the verandah at dawn so as not to disturb Judith, who was still asleep. This will be our #1 choice in Newy from now on.

Room Tip: Book early to get the one in the front with the ensuite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family