All reviewsnewcastle beachgreat locationsteam roomaccor memberocean viewunderground parkingroom servicebuffet breakfastper nightmodern hotelroom was largewould stay againnice stayhotel restaurantcafes and restaurantscomfy bedstayed one night
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I arrived after 5pm Thursday afternoon and met with a warm, happy, friendly smile from Rochelle. Check in was a breeze. I was parked, unpacked and in my room within 10 minutes.(self parking $15.00 valet $20.00 per day)
The room (508) was huge with floor to ceiling windows and had a great outlook toward Nobbys Beach. The morning sun was awesome.
It had an enormous,cosy king size bed with ample pillows and crisp white linens. The large closet contained a safe, iron/board and robes. The bathroom was well stocked and had large fluffy towels, great shower and a hairdryer.Mini bar and comp tea/coffee available. Everything was new and spotless.
Gym was complimentary and had a steam room and spa. I did not see a pool however, the ocean is less than 5 mins walk.
Trendy restaurants are within a 5 min drive into Darby st. Shopping at Kotara or Charlestown is <15 mins drive.
There is 24 hr room service and a Bistro downstairs.
Check out was just like check in, Olivia was lovely and gave me a map and directions to shopping.
This was my first stay here and I will return as I appreciate the personal service offered by the Accor brand.

Room Tip: High floor,ocean side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Loved the new facilities and fresh rooms!
The receptionist was also friendly and courteous.
Minor gripes were that my "Ocean Side" room had views of the next door construction site and a small glimpse of the sea.
Plus my room service dinner dishes weren't cleared away by the morning.
All in all very minor. I had a great sleep in a comfortable room.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
glovers1, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Clearyou,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback regarding the room view and room service collection. It is only with quality comments that we can make adjustments to our operation to ensure we continue to improve for the future. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are next in Newcastle.
Regards
Simon Glover

An Accor traveler
Sydney
Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I travel alot on business trips and everytime I go to Newcastle my only choice is to stay at Novotel Newcastle Beach. I am always greeted with a Smile and asked how my day has been so I am not treated as a number, my meal always arrives on time and the rooms are clean and the service is great. I cant ask for more from this hotel, I do struggle finding good service at other hotels...

My last stay I had a few issues wth my room, but James form the front desk was so kind & helpfull nothing was a trouble he looked after my issues and I was a happy guest :)

I would say to the Management team keep up the good work, encourage your staff and always improve, You have won my heart.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jorjet_NGS,
Thank you for staying with us and for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and our team take great pride in looking after you in your Newcastle home. I will pass on to James your positive comments, he is certainly one of our best team members. We look forward to your next visit.
Regards
Simon Glover

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Novotel Newcastle Beach for two nights. We very much enjoyed our stay, in particular the very friendly and diligent staff we met. We were especially appreciative that the staff took particular care to cater for my wife's gluten and other food intolerances. The hotel appeared very well manitained and also conveniently located, being close to key beaches, cafes the CBD and other attractions.
Unfortunately, the few shortcomings we found were the non-functioning ventilation in the bathroom, an open container of milk in the refrigerator on arrival, a lot of dust under/around the main table and the high cost of on-site parking.
That said, we would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family.

regards