“Surf and Turf”

Ranked #104 of 587 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ordered the special Surf and Turf for $18 which also came with a Schooner of Beer. Steak was tasty and well cooked, serving sizes did differ a little between the two meals my only complaint. The special was served with chips and salad. Chips were hot and salad was dressed with a nice dressing a good pub meal. The highlight was the deserts, I ordered the sticky date, and it was mouth watering delightful. My husband had caramel macadamia tart and this was also good. If the view of the harbor had not been blocked by parked cars that night, it could have nearly passed as romantic. Service friendly and efficient by both the waitresses, we will definitely give this restaurant another go.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff and food was really good.. Nice atmosphere. You don't realise you are in a Hotel situation!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went there yesterday and had lunch. I had the fish and chips with salad and aioli which was nice. Staff are friendly and the view looking back to Newcastle was nice. Garlic bread was awesome! Take the ferry over from Newcastle to add to a pleasant little day.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went for lunch with my husband and mother-in-law who both ordered the chicken schnitzel. As soon as my husband tasted the schnitzel he knew something wasn't right with it. He thought it tasted off. My mother-in-law couldn't eat hers either and she generally eats anything! The meat was a brown-grey colour rather than white like chicken breast should be. The waitress came back after speaking with the chef and although she apologised the response was that "they'd only been purchased 2 days ago". So what? It wasn't right. There was no offer to refund our money only a complimentary dessert which we didn't want. Will definitely not be returning and I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As an ex local we had many good memories of meals at the Washtub. Unfortunately on a recent visit
we found the food had gone from restaurant quality to ordinary pub food. How sad.