“Don't judge this book by its cover - it's great inside!”
Review of Tudor Inn Motel

Tudor Inn Motel
Ranked #10 of 29 Newcastle B&B and Inns
“Don't judge this book by its cover - it's great inside!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed in a twin room with a friend while attending a conference and upon arrival we weren't really sure what we had in store for us. The outside looks dated, but the undercover parking was a bonus.

But we were so pleasantly surprised when we got to our room! It was fresh and clean, neat and modern. Certainly spacious enough for two people and a bathroom that was just enough to do the job. The beds were actually comfortable (I so love quilts rather than those thin miserable blankets) and we had our own small balcony. We felt very comfortable here and enjoyed the proximity to food options (5min walk to Beaumont Street) and the City Centre (30mins walk or 5min drive). Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Very competative rates!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ziggiau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I traveled here with my sister and mother. For 3 women traveling alone this place was fantastic!!! The outside door gets locked at 9:00 pm, and all rooms have inside doors. The rooms are small but roomy enough. We were there for 10 days, and loved our stay. The inns keepers were very friendly and helpful. They told us local spots to see and visit.
This Motel is also within walking distance to Beaumont Street. A great place to shop and eat!!

You could also order breakfast to your room for the cost of the meal.
When we return to Australia we will stay here again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank leahtots
port macquarie
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed here recently for a night with friends; we had 3 twin share rooms.
I only have 2 requirements of a good motel; first is a good bed & second is a hot shower.
They scored ok on the bed but fell down completely on the shower; lukewarm at best at night and morning.
It happened previously 2 years ago & I and my 5 friends will definielty not be staying at the Tudor again.
The managers only comment when I mentioned the problem at checkout was "why didn't you call me?"
Have you ever tried calling a motel reception at 11.30pm or 7am whilst naked?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank puntersncollectors
Sydney
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for work. I have stayed in the Newcastle area before and have had trouble finding locations with good access to restaurants. This is the best place when looking for that type of location - Beaumont Street (where all the food places are) is just a few blocks away.

Otherwise, the shower was very good, the room was a bit on the small side, and we didn't seem to have any control over the airconditioning. The tv was a good one, with digital channels and some pay-tv channels also, though I had to rescan all the channels in, since when we arrived there were only 4 or 5 total available out of the actual 10-12. The net access wasn't something that I used since it was credit card access and I didn't want to get stuck with a big bill just for the internet. I don't know what the rate was, but I didn't want to risk it.

Overall not a bad place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business