“My Favourite Newcastle Cafe”

Three Bean Espresso
Ranked #9 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Newcastle
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love coming to Three Bean and do so regularly. Never been disappointed. The food is always good. Try the Croque Monsier. . . the best toasted sandwich you'll ever have. The staff are excellent and very friendly, and have been accommodating with our requests. I especially love having room to move - I detest being crammed into a cafe. Everything is under cover and indoors so it's a great destination no matter what the weather is doing.

1  Thank D S M
There are newer reviews for Three Bean Espresso

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I ordered a pumpkin soup, which I recieved with half a slice of sourdough. The soup its self was drizzled in oil, which imparted a sickly and greasy flavour to the food, it also had too much cream added to it which was unnecessary as it detracted from the flavours of the pumpkin. This meal costed $15.

Also I would not want to be aware of the calorie content of this extremely unhealthy meal. The atmosphere is noisy.

Ben A, Owner at Three Bean Espresso, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi there,
In really sorry about your experience.

We could have fixed this problem easily had you have mentioned it to us at the time. We're have never claimed to be perfect, but we always insist you don't pay for something you didn't think was right.

As far as the noise, I've noticed a lot of quiet restaurants in the area, next time your on Beaumont St. I'd be happy to point them out to you.

Hope this is helpful,

Once again, I'm really sorry about the over pour on the extra virgin olive oil, the cream and the lack of carbohydrate.

Regards,

Ben

Reviewed May 17, 2013

III Bean only opens 6 days a week and rarely at night. It provides a specific but well made menu with the food cooked to perfection every time. The coffee is close to the best in Newcastle.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Three Bean is our go-to for our mental health! I've never left without feeling better than when I arrived. The food is always outstanding and the coffee is amazing. We just returned from a long overseas holiday and headed straight to ThreeBean for the best coffee we'd had in months. We appreciate Ben's commitment to supporting the local food chain and the "clean" and seemingly uncomplicated nature of the food - that tastes like real (expertly prepared) food! The atmosphere is lovely - a very stylish yet unpretentious hub. The staff are wonderful. We are regulars here and are made to feel welcome, and welcomed back time and time again. Special mention to Haley for generally being very cute and having the coolest earring collection I ever did see :)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Always great food. Have never had even an ordinary meal here. Very seasonal and often changing menu, excellent. Coffee consistently good.

Attentive waitstaff, generally good service. Sometimes so busy that it can only be expected that you may need to wait!

Prices are more expensive than the usual cafe, even though of good quality, I don't go all the time due to cost.

1  Thank Justinethegodess