“Arrogant owner”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is so unfortunate that I write this negative review as although yes the food is a little over priced, i have always had a lovely meal at source. I have been to the restaurant at least 4 times and had booked in for a birthday celebration which I was very excited about and looking forward to sharing the experience with a number of other people. I booked in 2 months prior and after having to contact the restaurant 3 times chasing a menu that was promised to be emailed to me when i booked I still have no email (party booked for tomorrow). I then had the extremely disappointing interaction with the male owner who told me that although I had booked for outside on the veranda because I had altered the numbers of the party by 4 children he decided that he would move us inside without even a phone call to myself. At one point I was informed that he was trying to run a business and although I forget the exact wording it was words to the effect of ,"We don't run a child play centre here". Needless to say I ended up booking elsewhere and had my husband ring up and cancel at Source as I could think of nothing worse than speaking with the arrogance of this man once again. He misses out on at least $500 and I will NEVER go back to this place again. I will also let all my friends and family know about this incident.

2  Thank nicchris_12

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I went for lunch at the Source Cafe today on the spur of the moment as we had seen it while doing a walk along the creek. Bearing in mind that we were there fairly early and there was hardly anyone dining, we had to wait for what we thought was too long a time considering the meals we ordered. Bruschetta for one and a beef burger for the other. Food was very average (particularly the beef burger) and we thought the prices were not reflected in the quality of the food. Beef burger, $22. Will not hurry back.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friends and I thought the meals were a bit overpriced for the quality, but that pales into insignificance compared to the attitude of the owner. I was brought an incorrect dessert which I only discovered after cutting it and tasting it. After requesting that I be served the correct dish, the waitress came back three times to try and sort out "the confusion", which seemed pretty obvious to me - I wasn't given the dessert I ordered. The owner then came out and told me the dish I had was the correct one. Not sure how I can confuse raspberry and coconut pudding with sticky fig and date pudding, but he insisted that I had. His attitude was disgraceful, and he reluctantly asked if I expected him to take the price of the dessert off the bill, to which I replied that yes, I did, since the correct dessert had not been forthcoming. He also complained about the length of time we had spent at our table: 2.5 hours with a bill of over $150, which evidently was not good enough for him. All in all, a terrible experience and he has just lost 5 customers as well as the friends we tell of our experience. And all for a $9.90 dessert!

2  Thank MichaelandLisa44
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went there for breakfast and was shocked by the prices ( $16.50 for a BLT) especially considering it's not the greatest location, I mean it's not the most magical of water views and it backs onto industrial drive. I could understand prices like these if the cafe was overlooking the ocean. The staff are also a bit too caught up in what they are wearing than on the job.

1  Thank Alice w
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Have had breakie here a few times. Little pricey but still great for what you get and the service was excellent everytime!