“Wonderful Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Scotties

Scotties
Ranked #69 of 565 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scotties Seafood & Bar is a family owned local business located in the iconic, Newcastle East. Boasting ocean views and a short walking distance from historical sites such as Fort Scratchley and Nobby's Lighthouse. The restaurant features a beautiful alfresco dining area under the palms and is a stones throw away from the beach. Enjoy the relaxed elegance of the restaurant and bar with family and friends. Scotties prides itself on sourcing fresh, local and sustainably caught seafood. A fresher, healthier twist on traditional fish and chips. The menu focuses on seafood in a share plate style, taking inspiration from the Mediterranean.
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We came across the delightful restaurant by chance and were thrilled with both the service and our delicious seafood platters. We enjoyed the casual ambience and the attentive, prompt and pleasant service. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012

Canberra
“Fresh, quick and tasty”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The take away fish was ideal, with delicious calamari and generous proportions of fresh salad on the side.

Visited January 2013
“Worse service ever”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went to this so called "best in town" for the very first time from Sydney today 29/12/2012. Takeaway section was busy, and waited at least 5minutes standing up for this lady to take my order, she was busy getting other orders out to the customers. Finally, she took my orders, she told me there is 25mins wait. Ok, so we waited, 10 minutes later, the customer behind me got their order, I was thinking oh maybe they asked for ordinary fish and chips. Then suddenly, 2nd customer behind us got his order, and I was thinking again, oh ok she told me 25mins wait, then the 3rd customer got his order, and this time, I walked to the caunter, before I asked for my food, she called the 4th customer behind me for their order. So I asked her is my two salmon n kids fish n chips are ready. Then she asked the cook, and the cook look blur and blank & ignorance, "no! I didn't get the order." So I said, 4 people behind me for their orders, and I'm still waiting for mine? So this lady asked the cook "what she want to do?" Are u serious? You have a hungry and cranky customers here waiting for almost 30mins! So i said, I want my money back, and the lady asked me to wait again. OMG! I was about to shout at her! This is the first and last time I will go to this place, never again! Don't claim your fish and chips the best in town if u have the worse service ever!

1 Thank Lesley_mae
Newcastle, Australia
“Great food but expensive”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The portions were large and the food was great but I expected some more interesting offerings on the menu from such an iconic Newcastle restaurant. The food was still delicious, slightly over priced but worth the experience.

Visited September 2012
Newcastle, Australia
“Great for a Sunday lunch”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dined at Scotties on a sunny Sunday and loved it. I have been there twice and both times have ordered the fish burritto, you simply can not go past it. Had a lovely pale ale to go with it too.

The atmosphere is casual and yes you get people in bikinis and towels straight from the beach ordering takeaway, but who cares? The food is fresh and inspired and the menu is varied.

The service isn't amazing, today we waited for 10 minutes for a menu and ended up going to the counter and getting it ourselves, but again, its no big deal. Once the guy behind the counter knew we were there he was very attentive and the amazing fish burrito more than made up for it.

• Visited December 2012