“best dinner I've had in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jonah's On The Beach

Jonah's On The Beach
Ranked #41 of 553 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Relax and enjoy our magnificent ocean views... Jonah's On the Beach offers a food and beverage service of the highest calibre. We will cater to your needs to the level you require from a romantic dinner for two to parties, weddings and corporate functions. Open 7 Days for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Full Buffet Breakfast - $28.00 Per Person
Sydney Australia
“best dinner I've had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had an amazing time for this dinner. The staff were beyond helpful and food was excellent. I had scallops as entree and Beef for dinner. Sometimes in places like this they skimp, but not here. I had beautiful scallops, best I've ever eaten. The beef was also so delicious, and it came with asparagus and some potato side. I was actually full when we finished. The wine was great too. My husband had a lamb entree and salmon main, and it was cooked to perfection. Honestly, this was the best birthday dinner I've ever had - even without the AMAZING view it would have been just fantastic.

Visited December 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food service atmosphere had soft music not loud over all great place highly recommend no dislikes food very tasty quick service

Visited November 2012
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and have always had good food and good wine. I have taken my staff here for lunches and all agreed this was a great place to dine. The food was excellent and cooked to order. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced. The cocktail bar was a great place for pre lunch drinks. The view is spectacular whether in summer or winter. The service is second to none and Phillip and Ronnie look after their guests professionally and with courtesy. I will continue to eat here as it is a dining pleasure.

• Visited September 2012
Ballina, Australia
“Dining with a view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good quality and the panarama view outlook makes it just so. Nice service. Attentive staff. Handy to the beach.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Never had a good meal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

i have never had a good meal at this restaurant. The first time, i had asked to go on my birthday - completely forgettable experience, as I don't even remember how old I was at the time or what i ate. Most other times I have went were for medical Continuing Medical Education (CME) dinners or workshops. I remember a very good workshop accompanied by the worst steak I have ever eaten - half the steak was blood rare and the other well done - it must have hung over the side of the hot plate. The nest time I ate there at a CME dinner, I would say the meals were belowaverage for what is purported to be a "fine dining" restaurant, with very average steak with uninteresting sides. The next time i went. I was "lucky" enough to get the chicken. A colleague who got the steak said she could have done better at home. My chicken I actually enjoyed on one side, but was dry as a bone on the other.

Service was OK on most occasions, but never stellar/

I will never return to this restaurant unless it is the venue for a talk I really want to attend.

• Visited October 2011