“Very dissappointed”

Madison Spa Resort - Adults Only
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Moama
Reviewed March 29, 2010

After looking very forward to a weekend getaway with my Husband. How dissappointed we were when we opened the door to our room at Madison Spa Resort. We stayed in the rooms down stairs, which we do not recommend. The rooms are so out dated. The bathroom was revolting, the shower had mould around the bottom of the shower base, the toilet was dirty & the Spa was old & very average. No rest was had what so ever with the Spa's upstairs going all night & the spa's in the rooms on both sides of us going at 6am the next morning.... [--] uncomfortable bed ... CRAP weekend will NEVER stay again !!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KellieHorsham

Reviewed March 28, 2010

Arrived Thursday for a 2 day package with husband. Had bought accomodation on TV through travel auction. Package included room for 2 nights, continental breakfast and late checkout. After reading other reveiws I decided to contact Motel and asked to be put on the second floor. Room was very nice but nothing special for the money. Had to pay an extra $30 for the privilige. From there on in everything had a price. I thought that the spa treatments were very overpriced so opted not to take part which was dissapointing as i was looking forward to partaking in a massage of some sort. The motel is very nice and the staff were friendly enough, the pool area and Romans baths are lovely and are a nice place to spend a lazy afternoon witha drink and the resturant food is very delicious. I just think that you could get better value for money in many other places.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kazstar
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My mother & I checked in for a booked massage day first thing (the hot stone massage is fantastic, would recommend it to everyone and the therapist said it's even better in winter!) and then relaxed by the pool with a cocktail and bar snacks before heading out for dinner in Echuca and then came back to each enjoy some alone time in the deluxe room spa with new flat widescreen TV's that are able to be rotated so you CAN see them from the spa now (read review on this page before I went criticising this and was glad they had just installed them the week before we got there!). The next day we had another massage (paled in comparison to the hot stone for both of us) and checked out! We had a great stay and plan to re-visit more regularly for a day pass to the pool area and for more massages!

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank KTScarlett
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Had a two night stay. Rooms were fairly standard and nothing special. I wasn't taken by any of the day spa treatments therfore didn't sample. Breakfast very basic. Service not particularly flash.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aussietraveller3456
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I stayed for two nights in the Deluxe Spa Room. I booked it through Rates to Go, so got a good deal. I had the most relaxing weekend ever. The staff were great, especially the staff in the Day Spa, where I spent most of my time (hehehe). The room was big, I loved the gas log fire!! and the spa was huge. I loved the way the room was presented when I walked in. A couple of lights were on the the gas log fire was on and the room was nice and warm. A perfect way to start unwinding

The bed was a little uncomfortable in areas (I think the bed just needed to be turned over). It was lower on one side (I think because so many people probably sleep on that side). I would have also liked the TV to be able to be moved so that you could see it from the spa better.

I will go back!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Ann-Maree R
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Must admit we were disappointed with the room. Looked dated and not at all like the images shown on their website. We paid for an upstairs room expecting something special - which it wasn't. The room was also not completely clean. Would not go there again.

The other facilities in the hotel were ok.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank allyinparis
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Please be advised that this hotel has the worst bed/mattresses that I have ever slept on, and I have travelled throughout Asia and stayed in budget hotels.

I put in a complaint upon departure and was advised that they were aware of the poor condition of the mattresses and had ordered new ones!!

Also sent them a follow up email when i got home and received no reply. Obvioulsy don't care about their customers comments/complaintes.

Check you bed before checking into Madison Spa is my advice.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdsyMelbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moama
Bridges on Meninya
Comfort Resort Echuca Moama
River Country Inn
River Country Inn
#2 of 11 in Moama

Been to Madison Spa Resort - Adults Only? Share your experiences!