“Rude front desk service”
Review of Madison Spa Resort

Madison Spa Resort
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Moama
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My friends and I went to Madison for a quiet hens weekend, as the bride is pregnant we planned on treatments and veging out with take away and movies in a room. It was automatically assumed by the man on the front desk (who was rude from the first moment we walked in) that we were going to be rowdy, as we were told we were not to hang out in the upstairs room as it was an executive room and the managers would not be happy. We had two rooms booked and asked to be next to each other, one was upstairs up one end, the other downstairs up the other end! We called in to say we would be a little late for our treatments and we were instantly ridiculed when we arrived by the hotel front desk. I was trying to explain and got talked mid way to "just stop and listen" with a hand in my face! The ladies at the spa however were fantastic and could not fault them, which showed that the rudeness we got from the front desk was uncalled for! The bar staff were also great. It seems a shame that one man could almost ruin our special trip, lucky we could laugh it off

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Travelingcat16
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of your experience regarding our front desk, sometimes things aren't presented the way it should have been. Please note that this has now been addressed. However we are pleased you enjoyed the Day Spa and Konosirs Bar and hope to see you in the future once again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

we stayed for a couple of days for a short get away staff very helpful I found it to be very relaxing rooms were average it needs a bit of a refresh but it was quite and had everything we needed bathroom was basic looks good from outside but a bit of an update inside all up we were happy with the service and meals

Room Tip: we booked with a holiday auction and was wondering if you get a poorer class of room this is the fir...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased you had a great stay.
Over the course of the coming year we will be upgrading and refurbishing our rooms, we look forward to your return visit to enjoy the new look.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Madison spa resort for two nights.

Although our original internet booking was stuffed up, the staff contacted us the same day and came to an arrangement for an alternative room with breakfast which was of great credit to them.

The rooms were comfortable and cool in the 45 degree heat with very good airconditioning. Even though the place appeared to be full, it was extremely quiet in the room and only the sound of the cockatoos coming through. Although a little dated, the comfort of the room outweighed this.

The pool area was fantastic and a refreshing swim was had on the hot day. The outdoor pool was big enough for the adults and the kids to enjoy.

We found the biggest surprise was the food. Breakfast on both days was excellent. Whilst not over the top, the breakfast buffet was all quality and we wanted for nothing. It also provides lunch & dinner. We had lunch one day and the food again was beautiful, particularly the lamb filo parcels, & the the prices were very reasonable.

The staff at reception, particularly Heather, we're always pleasant and her great memory always gave us a personal greeting and was always happy to help.

We'll definitely prefer to stay here when we come back to Moama.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind response, the Staff are all thrilled with your lovely comments. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Decided to spend a few days in Echuca/Moama from New Year's Day onwards. A lot of places were booked out, so thought we'd try Madison Spa Resort. I read the 'Poor' and 'Terrible' TripAdvisor reviews, so didn't have hopes up, even though there are many more good reviews than bad. I thought, worst case scenario, if the rooms were no good, we would turn around and drive home (3 hours away)!

Well, we did not experience any of the 'Poor' or 'Terrible' things that other people allegedly experienced in the past. Yes, it is on the main road, but we did not at any stage find the noise from traffic (of which there was a lot) to be a problem. The grounds are reasonably spacious and there was ample parking. The reception area is excellently presented.

My number one requirement with regard to hotel/motel rooms is cleanliness, and the room we had was perfectly fine in that regard. The room would be better with a balcony, but we just opened the glass sliding door leaving just the fly screen, which was almost as good as sitting outside lol. Loved having a spa looking out at the gum trees. With regard to spa noise, there is a rule specifying that spas are to be switched off by 10pm, so we had no issue there. Little table & chairs, couch, carpet, bar fridge, tea & coffee facilities, TV, bathroom basin, toilet and shower were all fine -- nothing to fault. Sure the large-ish shower recepticle has no door, but if you just turn off the taps a little, then the water won't squirt out near the toilet. One day we didn't require our room to be made up and so put the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door; but on the other day, on returning from being out, we found that the housekeeping staff had done a wonderful job of refreshing our room. The bed linen was clean, white and crisp; towelling was clean, white and fluffy.

If I were to fault the room, it would be that the colour scheme is not to my liking -- the dark yellowy colour and black features made the room feel a bit dark to me. It might feel cosy in winter (there is a faux fireplace too). And I'm not a fan of exposed bricks for interior walls.

The full breakfast in the restaurant area was great; although I don't go for savoury things (sausages, eggs, mushrooms, etc.) for breakfast and so stuck to the cereal, yorhurt, toast, fruit, and muffins. On a couple of mornings some of these items had run out; but that was ok -- I just had what was still available. It would be good to also offer something like pancakes or waffles.

The tropical pool area is great. The pool was adequately clean. There are two indoor 'spas'. The cold one has bubbles; the warm one doesn't. The sauna is small but looked fine.

I made use of the day spa, booking in for an all-over (body + face) skin treatment + massage. It was all great except, seeing as though I do a desk job, I asked the therapist to concentrate on my neck region. Well the massage absolutely killed! I was too polite to ask her to stop... She told me that I was very knotted, but I have never had problems before and left feeling bruised for a few days, worse than before I went in. Perhaps I need to have more regular massages to make those muscles more supple :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for kind comments, we are pleased you enjoyed yourselves and our facilities.
I would have to agree that a balcony would certainly enhance the rooms, however thankfully there are big windows with the sliding glass door to enjoy the river gum views... and who knows what the future may bring when concerning balconies.
I would also like to thank you for your diplomatic and honest opinion regarding the decor of the rooms, we understand that of course it won't suit everyone’s taste but we do our very best to try and make them appealing to most and so we do really appreciate your input on this.
We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast; pancakes would be lovely, thank you for the suggestion. When items run out, we do try our best to re-stock as quickly as possible, please feel free to ask the wait staff for any extra items, they will be more than obliging.
I would encourage you next time to please let the therapist know of your preferred pressure in regards to your deep tissue massage, they are there to please you and make sure it’s a lovely experience. I have passed your comments onto the Day Spa manager, so they are aware of how you felt.
We look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights for a wedding. Reception was friendly and pleasant enough. Rooms were pretty basic and would say tired and needing update. Our bathroom was very old and tired and the carpets were very wore and tired. We stayed over some hot days and needed the aircon however being placed over the bed without a swing you could adjust away I had to sleep on the extra single bed away from the unit. The pool was nice and you could order cocktails at the poolside bar which was nice but being in the room wasn't a nice experience. Friends staying in a spa room indicated there's was a lot newer so there may be varying states of rooms renovated.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee_Kiss

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding our friendly staff, we are pleased you enjoyed the pool area and our cocktails over some very warm days.
In regards to your room, you have described the most basic room we have on the property; there are only 2 of this type, the 'Bush View Room'. The set-up of this room is like no other due to the fact that it caters for the disabled, especially when the bathroom is concerned.
I have checked the air-conditioning unit in both of these rooms and selected the 'swing' option and made sure it was working and matched the instructions provided. I would encourage you to please ask our friendly staff for help with this next time, we are here to help and make sure you enjoy your stay with us.
I do agree that our rooms definitely do vary in decor as they also vary in price. I do appreciate your comment regarding the carpet; this will be addressed after our busy summer.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here recently with my daughter. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Room was basic but clean & comfy. We had dinner at the restaurant 1 night, the food was great but the air conditioning was inadequate in 40 degree heat, breakfast was fresh & plentiful. The pool & spa were clean & very pleasant in the heat.

Room Tip: The bathroom was clean & basic (shower, toilet, vanity). We had a queen size bed & a single...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments and are very pleased you enjoyed our facilities. We must apologise regarding the air conditioning in the restaurant that weekend, something decided to break (of course on one of the first hot days of Summer), thankfully it was repaired first thing Monday.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Recently my husband and I used our travel auction voucher to stay at this establishment. As we were in Echuca on farm business we combined the time. Ours was an upstairs scenic spa room. It was clean and spotless and well appointed. The air conditioner was already turned on so the the room was cool as it was a very hot day. After we completed our business we relaxed in the spa pool and then sat by the outdoor pool. Very pleasant. Our bed was so comfortable and we enjoyed two good nights sleep. It was also relaxing in the spa bath in our room. Plenty of things to do around Echuca and Moama and on the second day of our stay chose a cruise on the Emmylou Paddleboat. I must compliment the staff for being courteous and helpful, Will be back again for another stay when time permits. Thank you.

Room Tip: Upstairs room seem to have less traffic noise.Start the day with a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments and we are very pleased your stay with us so relaxing. We are also glad you enjoyed our facilities and were able to make the most of our local attractions.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moama
Bridges on Meninya
#1 of 11 in Moama
Comfort Resort Echuca Moama
Rich River Golf Club Resort
Moama on Murray Resort

Been to Madison Spa Resort? Share your experiences!