“Restaurant Team Leader terrible attitude! Horrible meals....Worst dining experience EVER!”

James Maiden Bistro
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Moama
Cuisines: Australian
Description: James Maiden Bistro is a relaxed modern space featuring indoor and al fresco dining options with famous golf course views. Enjoy a hearty breakfast or lunch and dinner from our daily specials or select from the à la carte menu. Our wine list features premium Australian and New Zealand wines and local and imported beer.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

As you will notice from my other reviews I am a very fair critic, I actually dont usually complain about much really...but I NEEDED to tell people about this place.
As my partner loves golf and this restaurant is apart of the golf club in Moama, we have eaten here quite a few times over the years.
We visited again over the weekend... we ordered a steak, and a chicken parmagiana, nothing fancy, just very basic meals. It had to be the most tasteless meal I had ever eaten, every mouthful was bland, my parma had no sauce/tomotoes, chips werent salted, veggies hard and tasteless, same with my partners steak, just lacking in flavour. We were amazed at how these types of meals could be stuffed up!? We mentioned to one of the staff that we were really dis-satisfied with our meals as they were tasteless and after advising us the new chef had over 30 years experience and they usually get praise...she then offered us gravy. No apology, No new meals, No discount... just back chat about how highly regarded the chef is and an offer of gravy? However, we accepted some gravy... and you guessed it... absolutely flavourless!! I was so dissappointed in not only the food that was given to me, but the way the lady handled our complaint... we asked to see the team leader/manager who never showed up.
The Customer Service is appauling... I eat at pubs all the time, I dont expect much with a meal from a place like that but my goodness I just could not let it slide. We had been warned from a local about the food before heading there, but because we had eaten there many times and it was lovely we went anyway. Listen to the locals!!
Do not eat here, it is overpriced and definately not worth the money... and if you are unhappy with your meal, noone cares. Worst dining experience I have ever had, however I will say the venue manager Terry who we spoke to later in the evening (because we felt we needed to express our concern) was more apologetic and polite about the whole thing.
The bowling club meals are more reasonable in price and much better.

RRGC_Marketing, Manager at James Maiden Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
It is pleasing that our Food and Beverage Manager has contacted you directly in relation to your recent experience
We look forward to again welcoming you at Rich River Golf Club Resort and the James Maiden Bistro.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had the misfortune of eating at this bistro on asian banquet. Food was terrible nearly cold and a health hazard. My husband vomited in the mens after only eating a small amount. I had a very small plate and left and went back as I saw new food arrive, no better. Just not edible wouldn't feed it to a pig. We never complain but this was so bad did complain to the manager of Rich River golf club - he was very pleasant but all he was interested in was us filling out a form - not impressed. Need to do better management at $35 for 2 food needs to be edible

1  Thank urances
RRGC_Marketing, Manager at James Maiden Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

In response to your feedback we were disappointed to hear of your recent experience.

We receive numerous compliments regarding the quality and variety of dishes on offer at our Monday night Asian Banquet and believe we offer our members and guests great value.

It is pleasing to hear that our Manager on duty was pleasant. We will investigate our procedure when addressing issues of this nature.

We are happy for you to contact us if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

As visitors to the Moama area we came here on a Thursday evening on the advice from a local motel we were staying at (Cadell on the Murray, see separate review). It is a little away from most things and you will need transport but this Bistro is part of the Rich River Golf Club where there are units to stay overnight. Getting into the Club is easy by signing in as a visitor if not a member.

The Bistro special we had was two course, 2 for 1 dining on Thursdays ($29-50) with only a couple of exceptions on the menu. We both chose the T-bone steak with either vegetables or salad with fries but there many other choices to suit various palates. After that you can visit the coffee shop and choose from a lovely selection of desserts, pastries, tarts or a huge soft serve. Coffee and drinks are extra however it is still great value for the quality of the meals!

The bistro itself has floor to ceiling glass windows to the golf greens and would be lovely during the lunch period. All the wait staff were polished and gracious and you could see the chefs behind the main counter cooking up a storm.

There is a daily offer for lunch or dinner and vary in price.
It can be crowded and popular as this is a big retirement area. However, the quality for the price is outstanding so take a look at the Club's website for all the daily specials.
You won't regret a visit!

Enjoy your dining experience!

RRGC_Marketing, Manager at James Maiden Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Our Thursday Night Special has recently changed to include Two Courses for $18pp. Whilst this is a very similar deal, it allows us to cater the deal per person, instead of only in twos.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!