“Our favourite fine dining restaurant in the Hunter Valley!”

The Old George & Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 164 Restaurants in Maitland
Cuisines: Australian, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle, Australia
“Our favourite fine dining restaurant in the Hunter Valley!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I often visit here for a special occasion such as our wedding anniversary or when we are kid free for the night. The food and service is amazing. The perfect place for a romantic evening. The degustation menu is a must try!

Visited August 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Very pleasant dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Beautiful old house located in heritage East Maitland.
Great food, I admire Chefs who can prepare a dish that looks simple but actually is full of savours and surprises.
We had the degustation menu and ALL seven dishes were great!
My only suggestion: choose your wine yourself, the matching wines are a little bit dull compared to the food.
Final touch to a great evening: extremely pleasant service! Well done.

• Visited August 2012
Newcastle, Australia
“You Must Try It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I have been going to The Old George and Dragon for the last 6 years on our anniversary, and it never fails to impress. Even though the owners and chef have changed, it still maintains its high standards. The ambience and decor are wonderfully elegant and entice you to stay for as long as possible. The service is always top notch and the food- oh how can i describe how amazing it is? Everything I've tried has been exquisite, even the vegetables that come as a side dish to the main are wonderful. I've never been able to go past the creme brulee for dessert though- I'm sure the other desserts are of just as high a standard, but I look forward to the creme brulee all year! I can definitely recommend this restaurant, but make sire you have a few hours to properly enjoy it, as it is an experience you won't want to rush.

• Visited June 2012
Australia
“Finest dining Maitland offers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant offering quality food, a lovely atmosphere and exceptional service. Gavin is both an exceptional chef and an endearing person. You simply can't go past The Old George and Dragon for a 5star Maitland dining experience.

• Visited May 2012
Gladstone, Australia
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had an awesome meal. The service was excellent. I enjoyed reading the history and seeing all the paintings on the wall. A must!

• Visited March 2012