“You Must Try It!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I have been going to The Old George and Dragon for the last 6 years on our anniversary, and it never fails to impress. Even though the owners and chef have changed, it still maintains its high standards. The ambience and decor are wonderfully elegant and entice you to stay for as long as possible. The service is always top notch and the food- oh how can i describe how amazing it is? Everything I've tried has been exquisite, even the vegetables that come as a side dish to the main are wonderful. I've never been able to go past the creme brulee for dessert though- I'm sure the other desserts are of just as high a standard, but I look forward to the creme brulee all year! I can definitely recommend this restaurant, but make sire you have a few hours to properly enjoy it, as it is an experience you won't want to rush.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant offering quality food, a lovely atmosphere and exceptional service. Gavin is both an exceptional chef and an endearing person. You simply can't go past The Old George and Dragon for a 5star Maitland dining experience.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had an awesome meal. The service was excellent. I enjoyed reading the history and seeing all the paintings on the wall. A must!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I went here as part of a hens night and cannot wait to go back with my husband and let him see why I am always raving over this place.
The service was impeccable, the rooms were full of charcter and the food, melt-in-your-mouth-perfection.

I have and always will recommend people to visit here.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Old George and Dragon has been a favourite restuarant of ours for many years and when it was sold and the new owners took over ( The prevous owner was Jenny and the new one is Jenny also) a couple of years ago I had my douts about how it would all come together. I am glad to say through the hard work of Jenny and her amazing Chef Gavin they have retained some of the classic dishes that the Old George was famous for and introduced some new classics of thier own.

Wine main is amazing and the food is briliant .Locals know all about The Old George and Dragon if you are in Maitland and looking for a really nice fine dining experience you simply have to try this place.

Keep up the good work Old G&D even if your customers can't tell the difference between a sparkiling red and white !!