“Great for a special night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fratelli Roma

Fratelli Roma
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Maitland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hunter Valley
“Great for a special night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Everything was perfect. Venison met my husband's high expectations. Lemon tart dessert was simply divine. Expensive end of the spectrum but worth it.

• Visited August 2011

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining In Maitland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was impressed by the classy vibe in this restaurant as soon as I walked in. What impressed me most was the way in which they separated a noisy family birthday celebration from the other diners. That's highly appreciated. I began with the gravlax, which to be honest was a little plain, but to be fair, I'm used to the Norwegian version with a honey mustard sauce. I followed with the steak, which was cooked perfectly to medium rare as requested. We drank a bottle of Tyrrell's Stevens Shiraz 2007. One small criticism would be the lack of genuine interest when the waitress asks if each course is acceptable. Overall though, a super dining experience.

• Visited August 2011
Harrington, Australia
“Very Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

They are trying to be too clever and it does not work.
Entrees King Prawn Bruschetta was the best dish of the night 8/10 Pork Belly 2/10 Mains Vegetable Stack 2/10 Barramundi 5/10 (at least the fish was cooked well )
The restaurant is nicely presented and the service attentive and friendly but the food was abysmal. Whilst the presentation of the dishes was pretty the taste and freshness of the dishes with the exception of the bruschetta was very average.
The Pork belly was more fat than anything and there was not even a crispy crackling on the top
The Fish was well cooked (not overcooked) but the rest of the dish was awful
The vegetable stack was dry and uninspiring.
For a cost of $166 with 2 glasses of wine I expected more
Maitland needs a decent restaurant but unfortunately 305 is not it

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Chef010
Sydney, Australia
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Well positioned on a main street in a quiet town - the restaurant exudes a warm and genteel feel with moderate lighting and a modern but tasteful decor. A nice touch was the box of reading glasses provided for clients who found the fine print in the menu too small to read! The degustation was $90 and looked very interested but our party of 5 opted to order ala carte. Service was friendly and helpful and our table water was topped up without us having to ask. The wine selection was decent and reasonably priced. The food - was excellent and the chef obviously put in alot of effort in getting everything right. Between the 5 of us - we tried approx half the dishes on the menu & each one was a winner. Portions were generous as well. Stand out dishes was the prawn ravioli, pork belly and duck consomme (entres) and for mains the fish & duck were clear winners. One of us ordered the kangaroo and this was also very well cooked - delicate without being too gamy.

All in all - it was an excellent meal; surprisingly good as we did not expect gourmet dining in this small town. From service to presentation to food (& dishes were served promptly and nicely paced throughout our meal) - all very well done. It was a very nice experience.

• Visited April 2011
Maitland, Australia
“Nice place for a romantic dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Visited 305 with my husband. Lovely atmosphere for a romantic dinner. Enjoyed our evening. Food was nice and good service. My lamb was a little undercooked for my liking as I like it medium/well and I did leave some of it, which the chef obviously noted when our mains were cleared, because he came out to our table after our main and apologised that he believed the lamb was a little undercooked and offered us complimentary deserts. I was very impressed with this. I had not mentioned the lamb as I don't like to make an unnecessary fuss and it was still delicious, but I must say I was impressed with the attitude and service of the staff, and felt they more than made up for offering us a complimentary course. Would definately recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2010