“Food & Service was terrible wouldn't eat there”
Review of Two Fat Cheeks - CLOSED

Two Fat Cheeks
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Totally yuk place if you want plastic on and in your food. Don't eat there at all staff totally rude

1  Thank MjH8

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We loved this place when it opened. There was plenty of pram room and the food was great. The last time however was a little different. My hubby's chicken burger was greasy and horrible, the chips had been cooked in dirty oil, which you could smell from the moment you walked in, and my meal was a complete disaster. I ordered mushrooms with a cherry vinegarette and it was putrid. I'm not sure what a cherry vinegarette is supposed to taste like, but something on that plate had distinct 'off' smell. The waitstaff were friendly and nice, but didn't come near our table once the meal was served. We sat with nearly full plates of inedible food for 20 minutes. If they had of come over, they would have had the opportunity to rectify the problem, but they just didn't bother. This was about a month ago so things may have improved, but I won't risk it again. Also we added a vegemite sandwich for our baby to the bill and it cost $8. Ridiculous!

3  Thank Ladyscridiva
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a family lunch at two fat cheeks recently, each member had something different and thoroughly enjoyed the variety. My vegetable tart was a taste sensation and was combined with a delightful salad. The service was great and a browse through the delicatessen selection provided us with some great menu selection for home. The restaurant is fresh and pleasantly decorated, can't wait to go back for the breakfast menu.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went here on way home from Hunter found staff to be very oblidging. We were travelling with four year old and newborn and were welcomed and well catered for. We had the duck and mushroom entrees which were cooked perfectly. Gluten free needs were well catered for. We will return when next travelling through.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Took my wife there for a Mothers Day lunch and came away a little disappointed. As we had dined there just after it opened and had a great experience I gave them another chance, returning for lunch today.
I am sorry I did. One of the worst meals I have ever paid for. Now I know why the make you pay when you order, there is no way I would have ever paid for it after it was placed on the table.
I had the fish and chips. It came out and looked bad right from the start. The first thing I noticed was that the salad was wilted and dried out, looking like it was a couple of days old. Then I tried the fish, the batter was soggy,completely sodden with oil and repulsive. Then there was only the chips left. They looked great and I thought I might be able to salvage something from the meal. I was mistaken. They had been cooked in the same oil that the fish was cooked in. It tasted like the oil hadn't been changed for a long time, a very long time, giving everything cooked in it a flavour that can best be described as "funky".
Unfortunately this will be my last meal at Two Fat Cheeks.

2  Thank Aus_Vardy