The Windsor Castle Hotel
$90
Molly Morgan Motor Inn(East Maitland)
$97
Quest Maitland(Maitland)
$124
Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway(Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotwire.com
Pindari House(Lochinvar)
$152
  • Pool
Megaboom City Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$68
All reviewsthe pubfantastic pubpepper saucefamily weddinggreat accommodationrooms are cleangood sizehunter valleydocketmotelmorpethconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Yes the lines, especially on the weekend are long, but that is probably because they accept shop-a-dockets any night of the week which is an amazing deal especially on weekends. Once the meal was ordered the food came out fast and was tasty, on this evening though they did stuff up our order a little, sweet chili sauce on our garlic bread we sent back but by the time we got this entree our mains had arrived and we didnt really feel like it so was a waste really, also i ordered steak and chips only, but they brought out steak and vegetables, when they brought it back out correctly they brought the docket to show us what had been ordered..... however since the lady taking the orders got it wrong all it did was confirm to me she didn't listen properly.... probably stressed from the lines. I always enjoy this hotel despite a couple of slip up on orders in the past.... in the future I will be asking for a receipt to check the order taken myself before leaving the ordering desk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Was quite impressed when we arrived by the modern rooms but very disappointed by the bar service where the staff didnt know what was going on and didnt seem to really care. Rooms were very clean with mod cons, digital tv & individual air con units. With the lack of phone in each room which is always handy to ask the simple questions from people who know whats going on in the establishment or offer some assistance for tourist.

I was very disappointed on arrival that the bistro was booked out for dinner and we would have to eat elsewhere, basically your good enough to pay for a room I would of thought hotel guests may have been offered a chance to eat and even squeezed in for a meal. That saying I did get a chance to eat in the establishment, food was very nice and locals raved about the food, and for the quality I felt pricing was acceptable. Drink prices are standard pub prices.

One thing that upset me was the hot water pipes squealing whenever someone had a shower or used a basin, this was at anytime of the day or night and loud enough to wake you from a heavy sleep. I did mention this to staff and they did know about it and werent very concerned about it.

Some staff were truly loverly but other were just plain rude, no consistancy.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A nice hotel offering good quality motel style accommodation at reasonable rates.
Rooms are modern, well equipped and fairly spacious. Good quality individual air conditioning and excellent bathroom facilities.
The accommodation is well away from the hotel operations so there is no noise problem. The hotel offers a very good bistro, although not cheap, and certainly appears popular.
One problem we encountered- the bar would not accept credit card payment for a bottle of wine and instead referred us to an ATM machine presumably so we could withdraw cash! - We declined.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel/motel type of place - then the Windsor Castle is not for you. But if you want a place with friendly staff, nice bistro and very nice rooms . . then you will be happy here.

The Windsor Castle is a "pub" . a nice one - but still a pub. So there is no official reception desk and trying to get a tax invoice at the end of my stay was a little tricky - but I got it.

The rooms are very new and very nice - a little on the small side - but with big bathrooms. No writing desk but there is a lounge chair. Digital TV - ironing board - tea and coffee . .so all the stuff you need really. No room service but they do a Continental breakfast for you - lunch and dinner is at the bistro.

There is live music on Fri and Sat nights and I cannot say if this noise gets through to the rooms. The pub is not on the highway so very little road noise.

Probably not the first choice for a business person - but like I said . . " great pub accommodation "

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

you spend far TOOOOOOOOOOO long in line to order your food. Its really quick to come to your table after you have spent half the night in line! The food is usually great. The shop-a-dockets can be downloaded, or ask around, most people will have extra, and give you one.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends