Best Western Plus Goulburn
  • Restaurant
The Astor Hotel(Goulburn)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsloft roombathroom downstairsheated poolcascades restaurantliving areatwo queen bedsfull kitchenbuffet breakfasttwo storeyspa bathseparate showerwill stay there againgreat roomair conditionera great place to stayfree wifimini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I was very impressed with this property the first time I stayed and decided to give it another go.
Have to say that the second stay was not as good, proof that you can pay money on a nice renovation but without service and maintenance everything declines.
This time we checked into a king room, which was more expensive than the queen room that we chose last time. Despite the added cost this room was, strangely, smaller than the previous one. And room 127 had only one window - out onto a carport. If you wanted natural light you had to open to door onto the mini courtyard, which let in the hot Goulburn summer winds.

We decided to sit in the gloom.

The kettle didn't work and the mini bar had been "removed". No one would tell us why.

Worst of all my room service breakfast porridge had a cockroach in it.

I also found it very weird that, when I first visited two years ago, the motel was undergoing construction work. Two years later the place is in the same state of incompletion with walls unfinished and the pavement dug up with gravel everywhere.

Rooms are generous, beds are large and they've made a good start. But the cockroach was a killer. I'm staying elsewhere next time!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank sriwaynu
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I usually stay in another Best Western motel when in Goulburn but it was full so the Centretown was recommended by a local, and it was a great choice. The location was quiet, the room was two-level (lounge, kitchenette and bathroom downstairs, beds upstairs) and spacious but still very cosy on what was a really, really cold night in Goulburn. The heating was modern and efficient without being stuffy, the facilities new and (joy!) everything worked without needing a PhD to operate. Despite (once again) being the room nearest the kitchen and dining room, it was very quiet and no noticeable noise at all. Despite being solo on this trip I felt very safe and secure. The tariff ($130) included breakfast in the dining room and was again, cosy, comfortable and very pleasant without a morning TV show screeching at you. The staff were also that little bit warmer and friendlier than I've experienced recently. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Great hotel - room/apartment was massive - slept 6 people. Very stylish furniture, we were very impressed with the standard and the price $230 for 6!
Pool and spa was great too!
Buffett breakfast was good value as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank BernieA
Reviewed April 22, 2007

My husband and I were in goulburn for the Hot Rod Nationals and found that the accomodation we had booked would not meet our needs. We by chance managed to get a two bedroom King Apartment at the Best Western. Both My husband and I have to agree that it is by far the best Hotel we have ever stayed in both Australia and overseas. It was very clean, and the rooms were well appointed with cooking facility's and a huge bathtub. The staff were all helpful and friendly, from reception to housekeeping. I would definetly stay here again and we highly recommend it. Well done Best Western Centretown.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank shizza
Reviewed June 9, 2006

My daughter and I stayed in an executive spa after a cycling race. This was booked direct to the hotel on the Monday before. The unit had a full size fridge and cooktop with microwave, a lovely marble bathroom and a small but practical courtyard at the rear.

At $180 pn it was a bargain. The room itself was huge, warm (it was freezing in Goulburn) and we parked right out the front. There was plenty of room to put the bike inside the room a comfy chair and small dining table.

my only criticism would have been the Spa in the pool area...way too cold but apparently they had been having problems with it.

Food in the restaurant whilst not fantastic was VERY reasonably priced...a buffet at which my raveous daughter ate for free ( i think dinner cost me about $30 all up including 2 glasses of wine)

Guruswife