“Fantastic stay”

Best Western Goulburn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Goulburn
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed in the king spa unit. A1 all the way. Spa was absolutely amazing. Loved the marble bathroom and the huge window behind the spa enabling you to see the TV in the main lounge room. The waterfall style tap over the spa was special too. Great comfortable bed with 2 beautiful soft pillows. Walking distance to town if you want to go out for dinner, as we did. Managers very friendly and accommodating. Overall just a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear GeminiLeo5861,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a review following your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the beautifully appointed King Spa Suite.

Safe travels and we hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Goulburn.

Best regards,
the Best Western Centretown team

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have been to this motel many times because my husband comes to Goulburn for business on regular time. Before we found this motel in Goulburn, we have been to several other ones in Goulburn and felt not happy with. Since we started to come to Best Western Goulburn Town Center, we felt the people working here are very very nice. We often enjoy having a little chat with the ladies there when we come for the buffet breakfast in the morning. The buffet breakfast is very nice, including cooked eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, bacons, vegetables, baked beans, different kinds of bread, fresh fruit, many choices of nuts, and juices. My favourite is the coffee machine. I like the hot chocalate I made in the coffee machine, very nice. My family all enjoy the buffet breakfast very much. My two young children even say that they want to take the train to Goulburn just to stay in this motel and have the buffet breakfast. This buffet breakfast is also good value.

We like this place also because their room are very clean and quiet. The people working there are extremely helpful people. Because I have two very young children, I sometimes ask them to start dinner a bit early for me. The restaurant normally starts at 6 pm, but they can even arrange for our children and I to have dinner at 5pm. Last Sunday I was in the motel and my husband has to go to work part of the day, so we can't leave Goulburn until afternoon. I don't really want to take children out to walk in the cold. I explained the situation and asked the staff there for a late check out to 12.30pm. They very kindly give me the late checkout. They also did the lunch order exactly per my requirement. They even reminded me about taxi and ordered one for me. They are just so so so helpful. I could not ask more from them. They are just wonderful. They makes our Goulburn trip nice.

I strongly recommend this motel to anybody travelling to Goulburn. I know they are very good because they have been very nice to me and my family since the first day we came to this motel. I am sure you will have a nice experience there too. They are 5 star plus motel!

From Alex, Caroline, Anne and James

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed are clean and quiet.
1  Thank Caroline20142015
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Alex, Caroline, Anne and James,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor, and we are happy to have made your stays with us as pleasurable as possible.

Our staff pride themselves on providing our guests with a great experience, and giving our guests ‘a little bit more’.

We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
BW Centretown

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is without doubt a world class hotel ion the middle of nowehere. Even down to the hot chocolate sachet that few do. For a non tea and coffee man this is just a delight. Great two person spa, large shower, carpet in large bedroom living space. Have stayed here four times and every room has been fantastic cost is higher but well worth it in comparison to some others in the area. PS the bed is soooo comfortable. The wifi is slow but that is a Goulburn problem so we always use out Telstra when in this area.

Room Tip: All the spa rooms are great get one at the back for privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Abbingdon from Melbourne,

Thank you for making us your destination in Goulburn.

We look forward to your next visit.

Vicki & Wayne

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We expected a neat and clean country motel and this place exceeded our expectations.
The very spacious, modern Twin Queen apartment was high quality and just lovely.
Fully equipped with kitchen, dining facilities and lounge. Private courtyard.
A great nights sleep - quality bedding, pillows etc.
Modern decor throughout, beautiful bathroom with separate bathtub & shower.
Very friendly staff ... Will definitely stay again and highly recommend to others.

1  Thank jaybee88
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hi Jaybee,
Thank you for your reveiw.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Vicki & the Best Western Centretown Team

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm a member of the Mustang Owners Club of Australia (NSW). This year we had our annual Christmas in July weekend at the Best Western Centretown in Goulburn. My wife and I had never stayed there before, and expectations weren't really high - it's a motel in a country town, after all, and while most are pretty good this one was exceptional. Put it this way: the weekend prior we'd stayed at the Sofitel at Broadbeach on Queensland's Gold Coast. That's 5-star hotel. We'd upgraded to an Executive King Suite with spa. No complaints about the Sofitel, it was as good as we expected. But the Best Western in Goulburn came damn close. About the only thing the Sofitel had over it was the view of the beach. In fact, the spa was better. The room was modern, large and comfortable. The bathroom was fully marble tiled and (I know I'm harping on this - you can see what I like in a hotel room) the spa was fantastic - modern, large enough for two (the Sofitel's wasn't, really) and deep. Breakfast was very good too and staff are friendly and helpful. So, from now on whenever I go to Goulburn, that's where I'll stay. No question.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mmcewen
PropertyManager77, Manager at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear MM,
Thank you for your fabulous review.
We all had a great weekend including other guests who could not believe waking up to such an automotive display.
Take care of those beautiful machines.
Vicki & Wayne

Reviewed July 9, 2014

After my son broke his leg at the ski field we had to find a place to stay at short notice on our way home. The family units are amongst the most spacious I have come across with 2 double beds, 2 foldout settees, fully equipped kitchen and dining facilities. The decor is a bit tired but otherwise pretty good for $229 for a family of 5.

Just watch the $100 deposit as although they credited to my debit MasterCard on checkout it took over 5 days to appear in my account.

1  Thank Gillyland
PropertyManager77, Manager at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Sorry to hear about the skiing accident. Fingers crossed next season will be uneventful.
The small wing you were staying in will be making way for new build apartments in 2015.
Same great rates with an even better product.
Safe travels,
Best Western Centretown Goulburn

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been traveling a lot, and this accommodation beat all by far. The customer service was great, the room was modern and spacious. The price was really good. It made our tiring trip, feel a lot more relaxed. I would recommend it for any family.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Skye B
PropertyManager77, Manager at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Skye,

Thank you for your recommendation.

The Rabjohns Family.