“Kevin”

Goulburn Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Goulburn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed couple of days on motor bikes owners put bikes in safe area then I was sick while there staff were terrific to us let us have late checg out at no extra cost we will be using this motel again when traveling though Goulburn

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've stayed here a number of times over the years and twice recently. Having tried other places in Goulburn, this is my favourite because of friendly hosts, value for money, a good location for access to eating places, supermarkets etc, microwave in room, a high standard of cleanliness and comfortable bed. Though it is on a busy intersection, I haven't had any difficulties with traffic noise which tends to cease by 9.00pm on week nights. The free and easily accessible WiFi is a welcome addition. On my recent stay, the heater had been turned on and there was even a lovely touch of a small vase of flowers in the room. Felt like coming home!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights. We arrived late on the first night, way past check in and found the heater turned on for us so the room was toasty warm - very much appreciated in cold Goulburn. Hosts we so helpful and very obliging. Room was spotless, VERY comfortable and very reasonalby priced. Great location, close to main street for dinner and even though it was on the main highway we never heard any noise. Would definetly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stopped overnight on way home from Victoria over Easter weekend. Family of four in family room. Room was very clean and tidy. Nice warm shower was welcomed after a day driving. An easy walk to main street to get dinner. Is on main road so room was a bit noisy. Manager was friendly and welcoming. Great value, would stop there again for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Vesna and Kel are absolutely amazing! The facilities are kept spotless, the beds are comfy, easy off street parking and talk about value for money. I highly recommend staying at the Goulburn Motor Inn. Vesna and Kelvin are two of the most lovely hosts, you can't beat their warm and welcoming nature. Their son Ben is equally as polite, just not as good looking ;) I will definitely be staying at the Goulburn Motor Inn for all of my future stays in Goulburn. Unbeatable accommodation.

Room Tip: Any, they are all excellent. I have stayed here many times in many different rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Hotel not bad, but paid for a queen room at $115, upon arrival got told that "there is an extra single bed in the room, but you'll just be using the queen?" My reply "yes I think so". After going out and coming back the other guest had taken up the whole bed so I got into the single assuming I have paid for the room so that means I can use everything in it ? You would think that would be the case - apparently not at this motel. After checking out I receive a call that we are being charged an extra $20 for the use of the fully made up bed in the room. You would have to think that if they didn't want the bed to be used then why even out sheets on the bed or even have the bed in the room ? Upon questioning the reception their response was "well this is how we make our money" not quite the hospitality that you would expect. I have now paid $140 including a high credit card fee for one night in a very mediocre hotel. I would not recommend staying at this establishment. Its not worth the trouble.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank dakotarose1995
VBKB, Owner at Goulburn Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

When making Wotif bookings, it is essential for guests to check their booking details to ensure no misunderstandings arise.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the Motel and I found it very good for the price. The rooms were very clean and the service excellent. It was close to the shops and the proprietors made me feel at home. If I ever need to stay in Goulborn again I would stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business