“What a find”

Tallarook Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Dubbo
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Could not speak more highly of this motel. The price was excellent and for the size cleanliness and facilities in the room it was underpriced. I have to spend time talking about the cleanliness of the room. Never have I stayed in a motel or hotel or even a B&B for that matter that is as spotless as this place. The bedding was pristine including the blanket and bedspread. The crockery and glassware in the kitchen complete with stove and microwave were classy and matching. From the moment we first checked in we could tell that this place stood out as the welcome we got was so warm and friendly. We realised after staying there that the owner is truly passionate about providing a first class experience for a very reasonable price. If we return to Dubbo we would definitely stay at the Tallarook Motel again. Thank you

Room Tip: A room overlooking the park is nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hi Geoff D,
It was a pleasure having you and Robyn here at the Tallarook.

Well there's review's then there's reviews. WOW. What can I say but thanks. That's what we strive for each and everyday day and it just encourages me to know that we are heading in the right direction.

My staff were blown away when they I printed out a copy each for them to read.

At the end of the day I am just happy you had a pleasant Dubbo experience at the Tallarook.

I hope to see you again sometime, who knows maybe even at the Kinglake Pub.

regards from Richard and the Tallarook team.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent value and huge rooms. This was a very nice inn and the substitute manager was very helpful. Great Thai restaurant around the corner recommended by the manager. We even had a beautiful view from our room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi JimmyBfromFlorida,

Thank you for taking the time for the great review. Looks like Jim has been stealing my thunder again! lol. One of the best things about my 2 motels in Dubbo, Tallarook and Centrepoint, is the great team of people I have working with me. My 2 managers, Jim and Kristy regularly receive tremendous reviews for the outstanding service and their friendly manner. Its so satisfying to have a team that really cares about our guests.

After all its ALL about the guests. No guests, no fun! I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards, Richard and the Tallarook Team.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Dubbo a lot on business and have stayed in a few different motels however on my last 4 trips I have stayed at the Tallarook and I won't stay anywhere else. The rooms are large and clean and suit the business traveller and can accommodate families comfortably. So refreshing to be greeted warmly and with a smile upon check-in and you get the same friendliness when you check-out. A great place to stay, highly recommend

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi Liggy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Sorry about the delayed reply, however I got to it in the end. You know the best part about my job is meeting my guests and getting to know them whilst there here. Sometimes guests just stick to themselves, other you get to know, however a warm welcome and a goodbye, hope to see you again sometime is a just a small thank you for choosing to stay at the Tallarook or Centrepoint Motels.

I noticed you gave us 4 out of 5 for our rooms, which I might add is great, but our upgraded rooms are now coming online and there a step up again.

So thanks again LiggySydney and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, Richard and the Tallarook Team

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great size rooms with full kitchen, queen bed, single bed , 2 arm chairs and breakfast bar style table. Very quiet and over looks a park area with the Maquairie River running through. Some great walks around the banks of the river. Coles and Woolworth supermarkets just across the bridge for the easy meal. For the $100.00 per night and $20.00 shop for food, a bargain. Our previous stay was $77.00 per night (no where near the same standard or kitchen) the meal for 2 $70.00, you do the maths.
We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hi Wendy,

I'm glad you enjoyed your Dubbo stay Tallarook style. We are all about value for money and I'm happy you thought the Tallarook was just that.

The kitchens are a big plus and our proximity to shops etc is great.

So thanks for the plug, and if your ever coming through Dubbo again we would love to see you.

Kind regards, Richard and the Tallarook Team

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our family went to Dubbo to visit the zoo. We took up 3 rooms and they were all spacious and very clean.. Nothing fancy, but we had all we needed. Great park across the road for the kids. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic stay. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Upstairs overlooking the park
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabily c

I am a bit late with the response but have been reading them to my team firing them up.

I feel great thanks to all my wonderful reviews I receive from my fantastic guests. It was a pleasure having you guys here and I did send some stuff by post so I hope you got them ok.

I always say it when people ask me why are we so busy. Its simple, value for money, superior cleanliness and my favourite, outstanding service. Not to mention our position, the best in Dubbo bar none, our kitchens and the size of our rooms. Throw in our room upgrades and we are on a winner.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart and we hope to see you guys again at the Tallarook.

Kind regards from Richard and the Tallarook team

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a welcome overnight stop on a rainy night. Walk in price less than net. Basic kitchen equipment provided all we needed. Internet connection good and free. Bed comfortable. No great vehicle noise til departures of truck drivers started round 6.30. Clean amenities with enough towels and good hot water. Enough chairs. Friendly fill in manager in the office. Not top decor but then not paying for it either. We would definitely stay again

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hi HAMACT,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, however very pleased you enjoyed your stay. The kitchens are very popular and our décor we are working extremely hard to get upgraded. New bedheads and energy saving L.E.D. light coming very soon.
But at the end of the day its always been about value for money, cleanliness and outstanding service in my book, so that's what we try and offer.
I called Jim this morning and he was on the second hole on the golf course and told him that ne had got a review. He was very happy. Maybe I will just stay away on a permanent holiday. Only problem is I would have to get the golf course moved to the ark across the road from the Tallarook or Jim would never last!

I hope to see you again at the Tallarook HAMACT.

Kind regards, from Richard, Jim and the Tallarook Team

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came into Dubbo for two nights to take our daughter to the zoo. We were very comfortable and our host Richard could not have been more accommodating. Nice big room, plenty of facilities and free wi-fi. We ordered breakfast in our room and it was great. My husband loved the bacon and eggs and this morning was quite sad that Richard wasn't knocking on the door here at home at 8:15 with breakfast! We checked out, went into town and decided we'd like to spend another night. We drove back to the Tallarook and not only did Richard find us a room for the night, he welcomed us back with tea and hot chocolate (for my daughter, she loved Richard\s hot chocolate!) Will definitely be back. Great location and the Lions Pride restaurant just down the road was a real hit with us as well. Thanks, Richard!

Room Tip: Rooms right across from the office have even better wi-fi coverage!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lynda, I have got the reviews mixed up, so I responded to you on the next review down, "Value for Money". oops.

However Ms Practicality,

Thankyou. I hope you get to see this as I am out of sequence. But it was lovely meeting you, Rob and Shirley. You do such a great job helping those 2 you need a medal. Thank you for your understanding about the oven, but things don't go to plan sometimes, plus things only ever break when you go to use them! lol.
You'll be pleased top know room 18 is now fitted with a new quite a/c. Its taking a while but we are getting there with our upgrades but it does take time.
And a funny thing, the more interest I take in my guests, the more they take in me. It very satisfying being helpful and meeting a lot of wonderful people in the process.
Finally,I hope you enjoyed your pies in Merriwa on the return trip. I have spies everywhere! lol.

I hope you can make another trip sometime.

Kind regards, Richard and the Tallarook team.