Tallarook Motor Inn
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmacquarie rivercooking facilitiesfully equipped kitchensized fridgelong drivestay there againsmall balconyfamily roomtea coffeebig parkclean roomsself containedgood sizefree wifienjoyed our staydubbo zoobbq area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Richard is a great host. He went out of his way to make our stay in Dubbo enjoyable. He gave us advice on restaurants and zoo tickets etc. and even left us a little easter surprise on Sunday morning. We had a spacious room with a kitchenette and the bed was very conmfortable. This is a really convenient, easy to find and good value motel and Dubbo is a city worth visiting. Of course most visitors come for the Zoo, but there's a lot more to Dubbo. Don't miss the beautiful Japanese gardens.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beaver055
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Beaver055,

Thank you for your warming thoughts. Heaven knows we need them in Dubbo at the moment Brrrrr. But it is winter after all.

I am very happy to hear your glowing thoughts on Dubbo and its attractions. I only finished talking to a guest a few minutes ago that said Dubbo is a happening place with lots to offer other than our wonderful zoo. So I am happy you loved the Japanese gardens. And the restaurants near the Tallarook. Occupational hazard I suppose, you know, to keep testing the food to make sure its up to scratch. lol. For the guests you know!

And what would Easter be without a visit from the Easter bunny. I hope the kids enjoyed them. They did get them eggs didn't they?

I hope to see you guys again some time soon.

Kind regards from Richard and the Tallarook team.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Richard,
Last week, Lady Karen and I, Sir Robert of Newcastle, (haha), had the great pleasure of staying at the Tallarook Motor Inn, Dubbo. We arrived exhausted after a long drive, to be revived firstly, by the warm welcome, and secondly, by the cleanliness of the room - making our stay even more pleasurable.
The Motor Inn was situated close to the city centre and the Western Plains Zoo, which we were thankful for. There was also plenty of parking available, even though the Motor Inn was booked out! The grounds were spotless and the pool area was very spacious.
The staff should be congratulated - never seen, but you could tell where they'd been.

We'll be back later in the year.

Thanks,
Bob

Room Tip: Well worth your while to stay!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hi Bob and Karen.
Thanks so much for the tremendous review. I'd like to start by thanking my team. They are very dedicated to getting the job right and I'm glad to hear you were happy with the cleanliness of your unit.
We have recently made some changes to our pool area, so I'm glad you found them satisfactory. new barb b q area coming soon. And I go on all the time about our location. Its the best. The second best in Dubbo is the Centrepoint Motel, my other property, but that's just my opinion. lol.
And if you don't mind be saying Sir Bob, you wont be so exhausted on arrival next time if you leave the navigation to Lady Karen.
I do hope you make it back for another visit later in the year.
kind regards, Lord Richard of Tallarook and the Tallarook team

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Exceptional motor inn!
Very impressed with how clean our room was!
We felt safe & secure, the appliances were all modern & easy to use (your iron is much nicer than my own at home!) and the room was spacious and comfortable.
Very easy to find, with lots of facilities nearby - shops, restaurants, servo's, fast food outlets, car wash etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jest_01
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

You can have the best motel in the world, but if its not clean its no good. We try and offer very good value for money, but its all about the cleanliness. We pride ourselves on having spotless rooms and you can probably tell from the number of reviews that mention how clean the rooms are, we are getting it right.

And our rooms are pretty large. We often get single people coming back to reception after checking in saying that just a single room would suffice and they don't need all that space. Then I point out that they are in a single or standard room. So its great for everyone including families.

And as you pointed out, the added bonus of the Tallarook is all the facilities near by.

So its great to hear from you and we look forward to your next visit,

Regards, Richard and the Tallarook Team.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel over the past 10 years for work and new owner Richard has continued the tradition of being a great host. I travel all over the state and this my favourite place to stay, the rooms are clean and spacious and with the added bonus of full kitchen facilities. The location is great a few minutes walk to the West Side hotel with great bistro and even better Tooheys New, The Chinese resteraunt the Golden dragon is also a few minutes walk and is one of the better chinese restaurants in country NSW esp the dim sims and extra hot chilli chicken. Hungry Jacks is across the road for the Kids and the Zoo is nearby, whether you're staying for business, short break with the family do yourself a favour and give the Tallarook a call

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Pomlea,

sorry about the delayed response but I have been away. Thanks heaps for the kind words. We do try and get it right, so I am glad you enjoyed what we offered you in the way of service. Its a real team effort here, so I will pass this on to the others team members.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, and with improvements happening all the time the Tallarook is, like fine wine, getting better with age.

I will be sure to try the dim sims and the chilli chicken. It is very good chinese.

Kind regards, Richard and the Tallarook team.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Remember the old-fashioned motels as you travelled around Australia years ago? Well, this is it - but with full kitchen facilities - stove, microwave, fridge, electric jug, coffee, milk, tea and biscuits supplied. A table and 6 chairs. Plenty of space with a comfy double bed and a separate bedroom with 3 single beds squeezed in. As there were only 2 of us, we just put our bags on 2 of these beds. There was a sofa and this was my only criticism, as the foam cushions were a bit on the thin side. No problem - we used the spare blankets for extra thickness. Shower was roomy and hot water always available. Motel is situated opposite a nice park, which bordered the river. The park has a good walking track. Our balcony overlooked the park and with the City centre just over the bridge, the position was very good. Pricewise excellent and we were very pleased we chose Tallarook. Would certainly use them again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard T, Owner at Tallarook Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Hi adshare, thanks for taking time to review.

We are working hard to get our upgrades done, and the sofa's, whilst adequate, are on the endangered species list! Even better with blankets on them is what I've heard! lol.

So we hope to see you again in Dub Vegas soon and thanks for spreading the Tallarook message.

Regards, Richard and the Tallarook team