“Visit to the Royal Flying Doctor service in Dubbo was so informative and so much new for me I really thank the staff .”

Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitors Centre, Dubbo
Ranked #4 of 28 things to do in Dubbo
Gunnedah, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We where taken in a bus to the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Dubbo near the airport. This really was a eye opener for me and I learnt so much about this really organised network they have with other states and how they give so a excellent service. I hope they soon will be get better funding and more education that everybody of us may have to use their service and we all give more money towards that live saving service these people are doing. Every new medical student should spend some time with that service so that more and more medicos will work with that service. Congratulation Dubbo team I loved my morning with you, will return with all my german visitors, they would love it.

Visited May 2014

Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So great”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Thanks to trip advisor this attraction was on our list of things to do in Dubbo and we were not disappointed. Even though the cockpit simulator was on "holidays" (in Sydney at the Royal Easter Show) this was such a worthwhile place to go. Our kids learnt HEAPS and were fully engaged with all that the volunteers had to say. those volunteers are just gold - so enthusiastic, knowledgable, friendly but not overbearing.

Visited April 2014
Aussie on Holiday
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great visit - must see in Dubbo”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

It really reminds us of how hard these people work with their hearts to help people. Thank you for a lovely morning. Highly recommend it.

Melbourne, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Child friendly”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was so informative without being 'school'. The children got to appreciate the remoteness of our large country. We saw a Flying Doctor plane land, an ambulance collect, a remote homestead first aid kit, a short DVD and the real time tracking website. We were briefly told the history of the Flying Doctor service by very friendly & informative staff.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank adperrin
Dubbo, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Call in, its a great presentation”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We attended probably before April 2013 with an 80 year old, a 50 year old and two pre-schoolers. We were treated to a documentary type movie and lots of explanation and answers to questions by the volunteer staff. A very interesting and informative visit and the pre-schoolers have asked to go again. Thanks so much to the staff & volunteers for their time and enthusiasm

Visited April 2013