“Had a very good stay !”

Across Country Motel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Dubbo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Actually, it was my first stay in a motel, me and my friend had a very spacious room. The room and the bathroom were very clean, the little kitchen was a plus. Good view, swimming pool in summer and barbecue all the time. The manager is very nice and very helpful.
There is a breakfast every morning and you can use the washing machine and dryer for 4$.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

If your looking for a great motel to stay should try the across country motel my partner and I stayed at the across country for a weekend away and so glad we chose to stay here the motel is in a very convenient location only a 5 min drive to the zoo and everything u need in walking distance the room was quiet lovely and clean was serviced daily and the staff are all very friendly outgoing people we had a great stay here and would recommend this motel to any one looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the across country for 3 days over the holidays and we found it a great place to stay in a great location, we left the car and walked everywhere, close to Coles, a pub and a great walking track which took us all the way to the zoo!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked a two bedroom apartment (double bed and two singles) but on arrival we were charged for our two children to stay. Apartment was spacious but not clean, prickles in carpet, very thick dust, crockery and cutlery was not cleaned before being put away. Air con in the lounge was so loud we could not have it on and windows would not open in all rooms except the master bedroom. Sink in the kitchen was blocked and would not drain. A disappointing experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Selfey77
TonyRyals, Owner at Across Country Motel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Nice try but you didn't stay here, The across country motor inn doesn't have any 2 bed room apartments

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Allowing for some artistic licence of the advertisement for this establishment, the serviced apartments attached to the Motor Inn, we were never the less most disappointed with the amenities, facilities and the service. Very tired and partially damaged furniture and fittings, incomplete kitchen and cooking implements, poor bedding. Dreadful room design. Just not good enough. And then the "free breakfast". Let me be charitable and draw the veil of silence over it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dick M

Nice!!! you didn't stay here

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked a studio apartment with full kitchen facilities via Booking.com for 1 night. When we arrived to the motel, I was given the key to a family room which had no kitchen. I specifically booked an apartment because of the kitchen facilities so that I would be able to cook my own dinner.
The reception staff initially said that the family room was the room type that I had allegedly booked online. Only when I showed them the booking confirmation from Booking.com, who clearly states 'the room features a full kitchen', they decided to move me to unit 4 on the far side of the building.
What they forgot to tell me was that the main door lock wasn't working and that I would have to enter the apartment through the garage. Basically, 20 minutes wasted just to get me into the accommodation that I paid for.
When I went into the room I realised that there was only 1 bedside lamp however the lamp did not have a light bulb so I couldn't use it. The hand soap dispenser on the vanity wasn't fitted into the dispenser and the one in the shower was sitting on the base of the shower.
The dish washer simply did not work - ran for 2 hours but did not wash anything.
The spare pillows in the covert looked like someone has slept on them already.
No WI-FI internet access despite the code provided by reception.
The free 'Continental' breakfast was an absolute joke. When we arrived at the cafe behind reception at 8:10am, there were 2 slices of bread left, the tables were unclean, no knives, 2 glasses left and one type of juice (orange). Furthermore, nobody came in the entire time we were there.
I will not return to this place ever again and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank PJW_1979
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My experience was a little disappointing. The room smelt of strong deodoriser and opening all the windows for hours didn't help get rid the smell. So sleeping was a problem. Bed was awful - very "springy" and felt like a new mattress was definitely in order which also made it hard to sleep. Also found the bathroom and spoons a little unclean. On the plus side, free wifi was very good with strong signal and the free breakfast as part of the room tariff was a bonus. Very reasonably priced, though I will try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple