“Get it together!!!”
Review of Short Street Store

Short Street Store
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Dubbo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family and Pet friendly café in Dubbo. Offering an all day breakfast menu, using the most fresh and local ingredients we can source. While we take bookings, we also welcome walk in's for a casual dining experience.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love this place, but they really need to pick up their game. Over the last couple of visits, I have left dissatisfied and disappointed.
This morning I went for coffee with a friend. They were short staffed, but it is the school holidays and should be better organised. Not only were we not served at our table, but when we went up to the register to order the waitress argued with us about taking our order in this unconventional manner.
Eventually she let us order and pay for coffees, banana bread and potato rostis.
She forgot to put the food order through. Even though the cafe was not that full (about 10 tables, plus people waiting for takeaways) - the coffee was served 45 minutes after ordering and we finally got our food over an hour after ordering.

4  Thank Katerls
There are newer reviews for Short Street Store

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been a regular of this cafe since they opened and have enjoyed the experience every time. However in the past few months I have noticed that the service has deteriorated. Today I was served by a waitress who was clearly inexperienced and did not know the menu. I then had to wait 40 minutes to receive a coffee order and almost an hour for the toast I'd ordered with the coffee to arrive. I love supporting independently owned small businesses but they need to adequately staff the cafe and provide adequate training for employees.

3  Thank Olivia R
Reviewed June 9, 2013

During our visit to Dubbo, our son recommended Short Street, My parents, husband and I walked up from our motel on a beautiful morning. Though cold outside it was lovely inside, my father had the special- homemade baked beans with Chorizo, he said it was the best he had ever eaten, the rest of us had various combinations of eggs, bacon or smoked salmon. They were all lovely and very filling. My hot chocolate was good,but not quite as hot as I like it, for some reason many cafes only serve them warm! Service was good, would definitely return when next we visit our son.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

When I’m in the area I visit the café for great coffee and meals. It is located in a quiet location around old houses and close to a park. The café is very clean, roomy and has excellent staff that is very friendly. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Very happy with the place and always go back to visit when in the area. Kids friendly.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have been surprised by the mixed reviews. Loved Short Street Store.
We had coffee each morning during our stay. We returned for the great coffee but stayed for the breakfast.
Coffee was excellent. A lot of choice for breakfast - fresh breads, French toast, eggs. All great. Serves a little on the generous side but kids loved that.
Service was different each time between super friendly to professional with a glimpse of a smile!
Loved the little house it was in and the love hearts that decorated the courtyard.
Overall very good. We recommend and would be back!