“Nice and comfortable”

Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Dubbo
Penrith, Australia
“Nice and comfortable”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The motel was quite nice, the included continental breakfast was really good, bathroom a bit small but obviously nothing can be done about that. We found the motel a reasonable walk to the main shopping complex, we like to walk and picked this one thinking it was closer, so for most people they would need to use there car to get around. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Would definitely choose a downstairs room and a room at the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for one night at No 95. The owner Rod and his staff were welcoming and friendly. I dined at the in-house restaurant and enjoyed a delicious meal plus dessert. Rod played a few tunes on the piano which was relaxing and he was a charming host. The room was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I had was that the bathroom towels were a little coarse, but l would definitely stay at No 95 again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Spent three nights at no.95 18/6 to 21/6. I arrived early (lunchtime) and it was no trouble to check me in at that time with a little re-shuffle and checking. This is an old motor inn, with a relatively new refurbishment. My room was clean and comfortable and well serviced each day. The owner was pleasant, helpful - but just as important - not intrusive. Breakfast, which is provided as part of the tarriff consisted of toasts, pastries, cereal, fruit ad yoghurt. Expresso coffee was available and made to order. I didn't have the optional cooked breaky which I think was $10 extra. One afternoon I smashed a half consumed bottle of wine on the floor. The owner quickly attended to the mess in an efficient and forgiving manner. Nothing was too hard for him. The room was quiet and dark - the A/C was a little noisy - vibration. I did eat in the restaurant, but did get a room service dessert - very acceptable. I hate motel bound business trips, but stays like this one make it a whole lot more tolerable. Dubbo does not have a lot to chose from, but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here over mothers day weekend, stayed three nights, the reception on check in were very friendly, we had several questions and a couple of requests, and nothing was a trouble and all done with a smile, we had dinner in the restaurant that night the food was good, service good considering the one girl rebbecca was doing reception, the bar and serving in the restaurant! She was happy and friendly in all areas, there was a guy playing piano, it was very relaxing , the only complaint I have is our room needed some attention to dusting, behead and lamps were dusty,

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked one night and ended up staying three.

Clean, very quiet (room 212), plenty of parking and had everything we wanted.

Having fox sports and movies was also good.

The gentleman on the desk was very helpful with our requests.

• Stayed April 2013
Marrar, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

For an overnight stay on a budget, this motel was standard fare. The room was a good size, my single featuring a king-sized bed, which was unexpected and most welcome.
Decor is dated but acceptable and a few cobwebs here and there around the curtains and 2 lights with fused globes were the only blemish on an otherwise clean and neat presentation.
The bathroom was modern, clean and featured a lovely big shower recess but the rosette leaked terribly, squirting water in all directions and I'm sure the teal shower-base remained from a previous renovation. All bath products were supplied and plentiful white, fluffy towels and accessories were provided.
The mattress was a little firm for my liking but that's personal preference and the air-conditioning, desk, table and armchair with ottoman still left space in the room.
The stairs are uncovered, external and not to be attempted by anyone with a mobility problem. If staying again, I would ask for a ground floor room without hesitation. Free WiFi was offered but when I checked in the compendium, it was only for an hour and a password had to be procured from reception. Annoying and a cheapskate gesture by management.
Breakfast in the small dining room was adequate but uninspiring.
The ladies on reception were professional, friendly and gave first-class service. They did attempt to charge me for a phone call which my husband made to me and which was put through to my room from reception. The manager apparently asked for my husband's number and called my husband back after he had checked on my room number. The call was then added to my bill. I didn't know this at checkout but the fee was waved without too much difficulty at my insistence that I hadn't placed the call.
There is stacks of onsite parking, it's walking distance to the main street and the place is very quiet despite being on a main road.
I wouldn't rush to stay there again. Nothing wrong, but nothing to make me want to come back either and there's so much good accommodation in Dubbo, all side by side in Cobra Street with No 95, I'd be venturing to the neighbours for a different experience.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs - 2 flights even to get to the first floor. Anyone with mobility problems must ask fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lesley S
Culburra Beach
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is easily one of the best hotels in Dubbo, and a refreshing change from the chain motels I'm used to. Unfamiliar with the area on a trip through the town for a wedding, we came across No95 and were very pleased we did. The owner and receptionist was very helpful, and the rooms very good value for their price. Just wish we could have stayed longer so we could enjoy the bar, restaurant and pool!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends