“Amazing food as per usual!!”
Review of Two Doors

Two Doors
Ranked #19 of 134 Restaurants in Dubbo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Two Doors is a somewhere to relax with good friends, great food, and an extensive wine & beer menu, Two Doors is the perfect venue for any occasion – or no occasion at all! Our cosy rooms and Terrace cater for intimate dinners, large parties, and everything in between. For a quiet drink or a fabulous feast, Two Doors, in the heart of Dubbo, has it all.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I ate at Two Doors last night and again I was very impressed. I have moved away from Dubbo and this is a must when I return home. The beef medallions with Cafe de Paris butter was mouth-watering. The pork belly was delicious and the squid was as good as any I've tasted. The prawns were also outstanding and its one of these places where I find myself over indulging because the food is that good. This was the 4th time I've eaten there and definitely the best.

Our group had a couple of little kids and Julie was more than happy to help the kids out and gave them a couple of kids packages to keep the occupied while we chowed down.

Thanks again guys and look forward to visiting again upon my return and if there's a better Restaurant in Dubbo, I'm yet to find it.

Julie W, Owner at Two Doors, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thanks for the great review. Look forward to seeing you both again very soon, perhaps with a little baby in your arms.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner to Two doors on 26/4/13. We found the place very nice, with a small courtyard and we liked the atmosphere and the walls with stones. The menu looked nice but we were very disappointed. We had the fish and the cherry tomatoes were missing and there was no orange flavour. We had the pork belly which was just a huge piece of fat. We had the squids, it was ok, nothing special. We had the pumpkin fritata which was completly blend. The only highlight of the meal was the potato and kumera skins which were very nice and actuslly the cheapest item on the menu. On our arrival, we were quite excited by the desserts that are on display but were put off given the mains were below expectations. By itself the prices are ok (given portions are relativelt good).

1  Thank Frances C
Julie W, Owner at Two Doors, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

We too are disappointed in your review. Trip Advisor should be for legitimate reviews only, we don't feel yours is. Your table was attended to on 9 occasions by 2 different staff members. I was one of those staff & asked if you were ok for everything, your response was Yes. If you have complaints with your food wouldn't it be better to not eat the dish & request something else that you may like whilst you are still there? Constructive critisism is appreciated but doing it on Trip Advisor when you had ample opportunity to tell one of us on the night doesn't really seem appropriate. Neither yourself or your companion let us engage with you at all, you didn't bother to book, nor did you buy a drink. You were provided with plenty of service & plenty of table water. Our feedback on the same night for those exact dishes were very good. Maybe you just wouldn't have been happy no matter where you were. Service rating just doesn't add up?

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great meal, excellent service, atmosphere wonderful. The venue is close and handy to the Quest apartments. Two Doors has a lovely outdoor relaxed seating areas.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We decided to go the Two Doors as it appeared to be the best of the bunch in town. The building was amazing & had obviously been restored beautifully which added greatly to the ambiance. Service was quick when we arrived - we were seated straight away. Good selection of interesting dishes to choose from. My wife had the soft shelled crab & is still raving about it!!! I had the pork belly (bit of a pork belly connoisseur) & unfortunately was let down - not only was I served my meal about fifteen minutes after my wife with no explanation but the meal was definitely not up to speed. The plate consisted of 4 portions of pork - the crackling was extremely over salted & burnt on the edges to the point it was not enjoyable. As for the actual meat - it was over half fat with a whole piece that consisted of crackling & fat! Very disappointing.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped for a sangria and creme brulee - best creme brulee I have ever had. And the sangria was very nice. The little courtyard was the nearest to the little tapas bars that I have seen since I lived in Spain decades ago.