“The only place to stay in Broken Hill”
Review of Red Earth Motel

Red Earth Motel
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Broken Hill
Adelaide, Australia
“The only place to stay in Broken Hill”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

After trialling several hotels in broken hill for business I finally found one that meets my requirements; quite, very comfy bed, modern and very comfortable.
The Astra is only a 5 min walk away to replace the in dining experience.

Thank you and well done I will be back, maybe with the kids next time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The Red Earth is at the bottom end of the Main Street, so it's away from the hustle and bustle of traffic. There are still some trucks going passed but this all settles down in the evening, making for a peaceful sleep.

These are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! The pillows are perfect and the air con in the room is lovely and quiet.

The rooms look brand new as they are extremely clean and well maintained. Yes, the full size fridge is in a cupboard, which can be a bit of a pain, but if having to open two doors to get to the fridge is the worst thing about the place, then I think it's doing okay! Having a full size fridge is fantastic as this allowed me to self cater (and keep the wine cold). there is a kettle, toaster and microwave in the room as well. There is no 'mini bar' which I normally have to remove from those little bar fridge anyway to fit my stuff in, but tea, plunger coffee, REAL milk and biscuits are complimentary .... Yes REAL milk!!!

I stayed in room 15 for three nights which does face out onto the street, so if privacy is an issue for you, ask for a room further back.

There is also a smallish swimming pool and BBQ area that I didn't use on this trip, but they look clean and inviting.

I will definitely be staying here again and would highly recommend Red Earth to others.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JCM2575
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Motel was very accessible. I am in a wheelchair and need larger room. The bathroom was absolutely perfect. Lots of room. The Motel is near the shops in the Main Street arrangements had been made with restaurant nearby to charge meals to
Our account. I found the Staff were very helpful. Lots of space. Staff were very helpful. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Silvertopgranny
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Very new and modern rooms, close to town (walking distance), well designed. Downside was lack of tv in bedroom, waiting several hours for washing facilities to be available ( only one washer and dryer in guest laundry that cost $10 a load and is also used by the hotel).
Finally, the biggest oopsy was someone coming in our room at 8 am with a key. Big no no in the hotel industry. Quite clearly we were still checked in... The car was in the car park.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alyce28red
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We pulled in here on our way through town to see if they had a pet friendly room for my husband and I and our well trained Staffy, or at least recommend somewhere that did. Was told by management that they were not pet friendly but as long as he behaved himself and stayed inside (and his wife didnt find out) we could stay. We unpacked and had been in the room for 3.5 hrs when the wife arrived and demanded we pay a $200 deposit/bond or credit card details in order for us to stay. She then accused me of lying as the husband had told her I had not mentioned the dog until after the room had been paid for, which was completely untrue as was the very first thing I asked. We would have gladly paid the deposit or given details had it been requested upfront or had they been nice about it. My husband demanded a refund as I was near inconsolable by this point, being 7 months pregnant and spoken to like that. We packed up and left. It was now 6pm at night and we were left to try and find somewhere else to stay.
The motel itself was lovely, had nice facilities and was clean, however I would not recommend staying here at all, and absolutely do not consider taking a pet here, even if they say yes.

• Stayed November 2013
8 Thank CW87
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Four of us travelled from Melbourne to Broken Hill recently and stayed at The Red Earth Motel. The accommodation in rooms 15 and 16 was excellent. So clean, everything you would need for a 3 night stay we had. The beds were amazing. I would high recommend The Red Earth Motel to any travellers.

Room Tip: Two couples in our party. We had rooms 15 and 16. Both fantastic. Ground floor as are all the room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 429Elly1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights and were lucky enough to upgraded to a spacious two bedroom apartment. Good sized lounge room with a full size dining table adjacent to the kitchenette. Large fridge and dishwasher. The bed was very comfortable, although we would have preferred a choice of thick and thin pillows (rather than all super thick). Everything was very clean but the cleaning products used throughout were highly perfumed and very irritating to someone who is sensitive to chemicals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple