“Simply the best ! Words cannot describe the Bishops Court Estate experience, it is unforgettable and very special.”

Bishop's Court Estate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Christine & David are exception & welcoming hosts. I would highly recommend you experience Bishops Court Estate and everything Christine & David have to offer, at least once. I know by my experience that you will want to go back .
Bishops Court Estate has a beautiful warm and comfortable feel about it. Nothing has been overlooked by Christine, the décor is beautiful, the beds so comfortable, even port & chocolates are supplied in the rooms. Bathrooms are equipped with those essentials items that we sometimes forget to take or don't think we will need.
I recently celebrated by 50th birthday with Christine & David at Bishops Court. Christine arranged everything with perfection. Everything was catered for, from accommodation for my husband & I, as well as some of our luckier guests, to the most wonderful evening meal and beautiful home cook country breakfast the following day. Twenty four family & friends were escorted to the cosy lounge-room for champagne & canapé’s by the open fire. David then invited us into the candle lite Chapel for dinner, our guests were amazed at how beautiful everything was. From the silverware to the chandelier, the experience was awesome. The service and meal was second to NONE.
Nothing is too much trouble for Christine, David & assistants.
Many thanks Christine, David, Nadia & Barb, for making my 50th birthday so special and unforgettable.

Tammy Middleton. Bathurst NSW

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TammyBathurst

Reviewed July 23, 2010

The attention to detail and hospitality from Christine made a chilly weekend in Bathurst warm and friendly for Marie and I.
By the end of the weekend we had not only had a wonderful time but felt as if we had two special new friends in Christine and David , not to mention 'Latte'.
We look forward to visiting Bishop Court again in the near future, this time bringing some friends so we can truly experience both the ambience and charm by having a gourmet dinner in the chapel.
Thank you for a special , special weekend.
Ken Jolly AM.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GosfordKen
Reviewed July 17, 2010

A Hidden away castle, very secluded & private. Bathurst CBD only being 5 minute drive down the hill, but you felt miles away in the beautiful home & garden. We have never really stayed at a B&B before, electing to have luxary motels with ensuites, so we had decided to stay somewhere else, But then David & Christine convinced us that we wouldn't be disappointed. So we gave it a try & I have to say I'm glad we did, the Bishop's Court has so much to offer, from the gorgeous rooms & surrounds to Christines fine Gormet cooking. We have eaten in many fine restraunts throughout Australia & overseas, Christines meal rated up there in the highest she certainly knows her steak & dosn't serve up scotch fillet & call it 'Eye' fillet as we have discovered in some fine restraunts !! We enjoyed the hospitality & dinning with the other guests, that was just lovely. They provided us with a wealth of knowledge & recomendations to other places to visit & things to do. Even though we are from the area they still informed us of places to go that we were unaware of like 'Legall's Patisserie Cafe', the best pies awwwh yummy ! If I had to give some costructive criticism it would be to provide a price list for the drinks, & also to ask if you would like more wine with your dinner, my glass was topped up a 2nd time which I didn't drink as I didn't really enjoy that wine & also Scott would have rather enjoyed a Crown Lager then a Cascade & Light beer at that. Other than that everything else was truly lovely & we have every intention of going back to stay there again in the future. Certainly converted our opinion on B & B's. Thank-you for that Christine & David wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanineandScott
Reviewed July 13, 2010

A few block after we left Bishops Court, we realized that neither of us had paid for our three nights and four days of pampered ease. Yes, we turned we around, went back and happily paid. When we did get home it occurred to me i should ring and say we'd got home safely. This kind of feeling is not usually engendered by luxury boutique hotels, but Bishops Court, is so relaxed, and welcoming, the warm rooms and comfy sotas so enveloping, the wood fire so hypnotically relaxing that it is like a finding you've arrived in the perfect country residence you didn't know you had. Chris and David who run this place have the happy knack of genuine hospitality. The other guests tune into this conviviality to make it seem like a house party. And the food is great. So is the wine. We will be going back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Flaneur2go
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My partner and I had some misfortune with our convertible rental car on our weekend away in NSW - the roof got stuck mid-air on our first day. Lucky we had booked in that night at Bishops Court, the treatment we received from owners Christine and David was nothing short of amazing. They went more than out of their way to help us with that stuck roof car, made us feel extremely welcome, spoilt us. It would exceed the space here to describe everything they did, and with a smile and huge sense of humour too. We felt like long lost friends and had only booked for one night and it was our first stay. The B&B itself is just stunning and beautifully designed, gorgeous interiors and attention to detail, a feast for the eyes. Breakfast next morning was gourmet level, delicious. My partner and I did not want to leave at all, in fact we will be back and I told lots of friends in Melbourne about it already. Any excuse to go to Bathurst. It is very very rare to experience such a level of service, it was very inspiring for me to experience as I am also a small business owner. I want all my clients raving like this about me too!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi003
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Dear Christine and David

It is difficult to refrain from using superlatives to describe our weekend at the Bishop’s Court Estate in Bathurst. We enjoyed two evenings of sheer relaxation, warm country hospitality in a totally exquisite environment with hosts that truly made us feel at home from the moment we entered this wonderful historic home. Christine your decorating style is stunning, dramatically breath-taking and yet relaxed and homely … a true masterpiece to your creative talent.

We could not have found more perfect accommodation for our reunion weekend with special friends and everything we had discussed with you in the planning stage was executed with your personal style of warmth and charm. The venue, the bedrooms, the meals and your hospitality lived up to everything we could have hoped for. Our dinner in the candle-lit chapel was spectacular ... what atmosphere to set the mood for a memorable evening and with each course of the meal you kept delighting our taste buds. It was a weekend we will never forget and an evening in the chapel that will have us talking about for years to come.

Christine and David you could not have been more helpful and obliging. Thank you for a most wonderful weekend at the Bishop’s Court Estate and we so look forward to returning - often.

Di and Barry

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2010

After looking at options on wotif for accommodation in Bathurst, Bishop's Court looked cozy and a change from the run of the mill hotels I usually frequent. I was looking for a great room with personality and comfort ; Bishop's Court was more than that. I was welcomed by another guest and felt I was staying with friends. I felt at ease by the atmosphere Christine and David have created, rooms with comfy cushion covered lounges, books, open fire places and a huge kitchen and quaint bar area. Paul and I loved the experience and look forward to returning. Bishop's Court is a special place that caters for couples, groups of friends or family gatherings. I loved creeping downstairs in my bathrobe to make our early morning latte and flat white. Later at breakfast, the food was so delicious. Loved the fresh eggs! Can't wait to do it again. Christine and David your hospitality was impeccable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple