Bishop's Court Estate Boutique Hotel
Gold Panner Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$83
Governor Macquarie Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$82
$73
Agoda.com
Quality Hotel Bathurst(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$95
$89
Agoda.com
Ben Chifley Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$76
Travelocity
$86
$80
Agoda.com
Bathurst Heritage Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
$81
$79
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfood and winememorable staystunning gardensthree course mealcomplimentary port and chocolatesclose friendseach guestlittle touchesown bathroomlocal producecentral westchristinechapelexquisitelibraryluxuryaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

"enter as strangers, leave as friends". This is a small plaque on one of the many bursting bookshelves at Bishop's Court - and it's true. Bishop's Court is an intimate experience - with clientele who seem to come again and again.
I don't know how they do it, but Christine just seems to get every little and big thing right.
Supported by a clearly doting team, this is a very special way to spend a night.
My only reservation was that I didn't stay longer.
The residence is wonderful with beautifully appointed rooms - surrounded by a wonderful garden. Plenty of spots both inside or outside to be by yourself, or join others. A bit of a sanctuary actually. We were there for work - and it was the perfect place to collapse after a long day of travel and meetings - but I'll be back for pure pleasure! Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We want to say a big Thank you ! to Christine ( our host) from Bishop's Court Estate in Bathurst. My Colleague and I stayed there for one night in early September and it was an absolutely amazing experience - outstanding actually! Bishop's Court is a beautiful heritage house situated in the heart of Bathurst that is elegant , luxuriously appointed but importantly very homely. From the moment we stepped through the front door we were introduced to a timeless elegance and classic ambience that echoed throughout the property and it's extensive verandas and gardens. We were greeted with wonderful hospitality that is unique in this day and age. My colleague and I both agreed that it was actually the best accommodation we have ever had the good fortune to stay at. Beautifully appointed, but extremely comfortable as well. Christine is an excellent host and obviously a highly talented interior designer who clearly enjoys visitors to her estate and makes her guests feel very welcome. Christine's extensive knowledge of the history of Bishop's court and Bathurst in general makes the stay even more interesting and unique. Breakfast was lovely and relaxing in the 12 seater dining room, freshly made juices and cappuccinos flowed alongside the array of breakfast options . We found it rather hard to leave after just one night ! Thanks Again Christine for a wonderful stay in beautiful Bishop's Court with its timeless character and charm. A Must to stay! Vicki

Room Tip: all rooms are luxuriously appointed
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Beautiful residence and gardens with luxurious decor. Nothing but the very best would satisfy Christine, David and their staff who made us feel so welcome and comfortable. Delicious food obviously prepared by very talented kitchen staff and Christine who has a passion for cuisine.
Would we go back - absolutely. Time of year - anytime. Reason - no reason needed except to be pampered.

Room Tip: All rooms beautifully appointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I’d love to tell you how welcoming Christine and her team were from the moment we first contacted her about staying at Bishops Court until the moment we left.
I’d love to tell you how, without fuss, Christine made some fantastic recommendations to local attractions and wineries and found us a table at a booked out restaurant.
I’d love to tell you about the quality of the furnishings, and the attention to detail throughout Bishop’s Court.
I’d love to tell you about the amazing conversations we had in the kitchen while she skilfully demonstrated and shared her cooking techniques with her Cooking School students.
And I’d love to tell you about the amazing breakfast Christine and her team served up on Sunday morning and how she made everyone of her guests feel like they’d joined a group of their favourite friends in the dining room.
But, I won’t. Because then you’ll want to stay at the best kept secret in Bathurst, and I won’t be able to get a reservation next time.
On the other hand, if you’re like me and don’t quite understand how people could be so effusive with their accolades for Christine and her team, do yourself a favour and check out Bishop's Court. I’ve stayed at numerous B&B’s and high-end hotels throughout the years, and I’ve never found someone who manages to make you feel like part of her extended family the way Christine does.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Bishop's Court is a magnificent and tranquil place with beautiful interiors and gardens decorated to the highest standards. However, it is not only the beauty of the place but more importantly, the kindness and care shown to us by the people at Bishop's Court that made our recent stay an unforgettable experience of great joy, relaxation, excellent food, fun and friendship.

Christine and her wonderful staff greeted us warmly like old friends when we arrived. They took very good care of us by anticipating all our needs and wants and made us feel very special throughout our stay. The juices, wine and food were superb - not only in terms of taste but also in presentation.

Our group of 6 took an afternoon cooking class from Christine. I highly recommend that you do too. Christine is a fabulous teacher and shared with us a number of very helpful techniques, shortcuts and tips which we could easily use at home.

Our menu consisted of Pumpkin, Sage and Ricotta Ravioli served with a Burnt Butter and Pinenuts sauce, Pork and Veal Terrines with Cranberries and Pistachio Nuts and Chicken Ballotine with Crushed Potatoes and Leeks Served with Thyme Jus. We had them for dinner and they were absolutely delicious. We then went into the kitchen where Christine showed us how to make our dessert - Passionfruit Souffles with Grand Marnier and Raspberry Creme. We agreed that it was the best souffle, and definitely among the best desserts, we have ever had.

A very big thank you to Christine and her wonderful staff. We certainly indulged, relaxed and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I just can't think of anything which Christine or her staff could have done better for us during our stay! We hope to return soon.

Y Choong