“Exceptional”

Bishop's Court Estate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been so busy raving about my stay at Bishop's Court to anyone who will lend me an ear that I almost forgot to leave a review. I serendipitously stumbled across this heavenly refuge and knew immediately a weekend's stay there would be the perfect birthday present for my darling mum. Needless to say my already sky high expectations were exceeded ten fold. Christine's exuberant warmth had us feeling as though we were long lost friends, her cooking was out of this world, and the venue's inherent charm was enhanced with luxe yet tasteful finishings. I will absolutely be visiting the Bishop's Court again it was by far the most exceptional stay I've every experienced.

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the most wonderful weekend stay at Bishop’s court.
Everywhere you looked was a feast for the eye. The rooms were beautiful, the gardens were gorgeous, the food was amazing and we felt so relaxed, comfortable and nurtured whilst we were there.”
We would go back any time
Linda

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The former Priests Mansion was the perfect canvas for Christine to showcase her interior design skills but it is the love that shines through that makes Bishops Court a most unforgettable experience.
Exquisite rooms, divine linen, the immaculate presentation of lounge rooms,dining rooms, sitting rooms, bathrooms, verandahs, kitchen and gardens and an atmosphere of pure indulgence, coupled with incredible hospitality makes Bishops Court a destination in itself! Bathurst is a lovely town with good restaurants and friendly retailers. We came for Mt Panorama and some motor racing and retreating to this gorgeous place at the end of the day was defiantly a factor of our very successful week end. If you are an animal lover like me, Latte and Chocolate are never far away for a cuddle. I haven't mentioned Christine's cooking and David's great coffees but be sure you will find the food divine. The girls that work at BC are just as lovely!
I seek special places when I travel and Bishops Court is certainly one of those !

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have travelled extensively throughout Australia but always stayed in 5 star hotels. After all these years we decided to try a B&B. What were we thinking all these years. A wonderful experience. Accommodation exceptional, food superb. Even better was the way we were treated by Christine, David and all the staff. We were made to feel like family (not even a problem to walk into the kitchen for a coffee or a chat). A truly remarkable experience. If only there were Bishop's Court's everywhere. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My stay at Bishop's Court exceeded my high expectations. We were greeted by Christine as if we were old friends of the family. Shown around the glorious house and encourage to make ourselves at home.
We spent a relaxing evening on the broad verandah overlooking the beautiful grounds, and enjoyed a delicious dinner. Our room was spacious, and tastefully devorated. all of our wants were provided for, before we even knew that we wanted anything. Breakfast was delicious unpretentiously gourmet. Everything was wonderful. I think I would like to revisit in the winter. To read in front of one of the many open fires and really relax. A great experience for a rather jaded world traveller. Thanks so much. .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Bishops Court is a great place to relax and indulge. Its a beautiful boutique hotel that is made even better by the brilliant hosts (Christine and David) and their excellent staff. I am so hesitant to rave about them as I am afraid it will become too popular and we cant get in when we want to. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary over two nights and it was purely sublime. This is what you get when you combine a great product, with great people who love what they do. Bishops Court is truly a great place. We go every year for a few days of indulgence. Thanks Christine and David for bringing this place to us.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is one of the first things I noticed at Bishop's Court and is definately true. We booked for 4 day anniversary to just go and relax, and so we did. I have not slept so well and for so long in and in beautiful surrounds as well. There are many excellent reviews for this establishment and for good reason.
We went with nothing particular in mind, but there is plenty to do in Bathurst and Christine and David will help with all sorts of activities to suit a wide range of tastes. We generally do our own holiday planning, but this time we winged it and found that our hosts had the inside running on everthing to do in the central tablelands, and how to go about doing it. Everyone in Bathurst seems to know Bishop's Court and there is a welcome and service that makes you feel like a VIP guest of Bathurst itself. The restaurants and places to visit that Christine recommends are fabulous.
On first arriving at the fantastic old building we were a bit daunted by how impressive the property looked. Was this really a place that we would stay? But upon entering we were made to feel very welcome and felt very much at home. Take the time to chill out, have a cup of the 30 or so varieties of tea and talk to the hosts, they are excellent company. Also leave plenty of time to enjoy the delicious breakfasts and in general recharge the batteries.
Whether you want a relaxing time away, or are looking for a home to stay while exploring West of the great divide, Bishop's Court is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Bishops room is a bit larger that the others and has direct access to the and excellent balcony...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple