“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Duncan's Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Duncan's Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A bistro within the PantersClub .
bathurst, australia
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to Duncans with my partner, she suggested as it was handy to Metro 5 movie cinemas as we were off to the movies. I was more than impressed the menu extensive and plenty of blackboard specials. The meals are huge and very very nice indeed. The price reasonable and very good and quick service. This place in not a romantic rendezvous but if you want good quality hearty food for the family Duncans will not disappoint. The STEAKS are superb.

• Visited July 2013

Bathurst
“What A Surprise”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Two of my daughters, husbands & grandchildren went to this restaurant tonight as part of our Mother's Day. I have to admit that my husband & I would never have gone there, if it wasn't for my children going. Monday night is $ 10 snitzel night, with a varied range of toppings, chips included & salad for $2.50 extra. I chose the spicy tomato topping which had jalapino chillies on top. Out came a huge snitzel, etc. The chicken was so moist, the topping naturally fiery & a small garden salad. I couldn't fault this, it's such great value. No wonder it soon filled to near capacity with uni students, I bet they would pay more at the uni cafe. It just goes to show that you should be more open to where you dine. This isn't fine dining by any stretch of the imagination, but for a casual night before you go to the movies, next door it is worth going. We will definately be dining there again. There's an area for kids to play, while the adults can relax. You don't have to worry about children interrupting others who are dining, as the atmosphere is very laid back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barsha55
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Terrific meal and great prices suitable for everyone.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wouldn't normally consider a dining area within a club as suitable for a review but this one is very, very good. Good menu, great food, good prices and fast service. It can be difficult to know where to have a good bite to eat when you are in an unknown town but I found this one at the Panthers Club and next door to the local cinema to be excellent. Even the entree' meals were big enough for me to count it as my maim. I must add that the number of pizzas that were being made must mean they too are excellent. Bon appétit everyone.

• Visited April 2013
Orange, Australia
“Club atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We decided to have dinner here on the spur of the moment. The waitstaff are excellent very efficient and friendly. The meals are HUGE. But..... trying to have a conversation is nearly impossible it is so noisy - we have the big screen TV with the Keno numbers then over the top of this we have someone calling the raffle ticket winners!! If we knew that it would be like eating in the bistro inside the club - thats where we would have eaten!

• Visited December 2012
Bathurst, Australia
“Needs some improvement...”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

On the positive side: The waitresses on the floor are VERY FRIENDLY and welcoming to children! A great restaurant for family dining. Kids get an activity pack to colour in.
+ The profiteroles (dessert menu) are to die for!!!!! Delicious! ...but sadly they just updated the menu and took them off.
Unfortunately: The roast is a bit of a let down. On every visit we have never seen 'Lamb' as the Roast of the Day. Vegetables are very bland and boring. Would love to see roast pumpkin, roast potatoes, REAL carrots, peas & gravy (like you expect). Maybe a dinner roll on the menu to go with it.
Have never been a big fan of any of the mains, but those profiteroles made the trip worth it!
Maybe focus more on family favourites / homecooked style foods. Would love to see casseroles, homemade lasagna, apple pie, chocolate mousse, on the menu.

• Visited December 2012