“Clean”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Newcastle, Australia
“Clean”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I joined Best Western rewards program after having had excellent service from them at other hotels in Australia. Had the Coachman's Inn been my first and only experience with Best Western I don't think I would stay with the chain again. Reception staff are polite but curt. The rooms face onto a major road so we were awoken many times during the night by large trucks braking for the adjacent traffic lights. The restaurant was closed (apparently it closes for the weekend which we found very odd as we would have thought that was when they would get most business.) The place does not have a welcoming feel, and what made this even more apparent is the 2 page 'manifesto' to be found in the motel information folder in the room listing the 'dos and don'ts' of what can be done in the room (this includes moving furniture - we were worried about putting a chair closer to the TV...), how you will be asked to leave if you break any of the rules, how your credit card can be charged for just about anything at their discretion, and how, by signing in at the front desk, you agree to be bound by these rules (which my solicitor mate reckons is both unbinding and illegal). I will give Best Western another go, but not here.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to face Littebourne St. I have no idea where this road goes, but it really carries...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay at the BEST WESTERN Coachman’s Inn Motel. We like to make everyone feel welcome while they are staying with us. And am unsure as to why reading our Terms and Conditions made you feel unwelcomed.
Our Restaurant is advertised on all our sites, including the site you booked on, as open Monday to Thursday evenings. Our busy period for the Restaurant is during this period which is why we are opened then.
We do have Terms and Conditions of Stay, which you will find in most other motels. Unfortunately we have had some bad experiences with all of these things mentioned in our terms and conditions which is why they are listed. They also enable us to provide a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere for all our guests.
We are unsure why you took offence to these conditions as they refer to items belonging to the motel being taken from rooms, Room degradation(vomit, bodily waste damage to room), Damage to rooms, Rooms being left in unsaleable condition, parties in rooms, Disturbance to other guests, Guests leaving without paying etc. It would be petty to really think you felt you were unable to move a chair to sit on. I’m sure you can understand why these conditions are in place. In the 5 years we have been at this motel you are the first person to have an issue with the Terms and Conditions of Stay being in our Compendium in the room. As they were such an issue for you and seemed to be the thing that made you feel unwelcomed, we are unsure why you felt you were unable to express your feelings while you were here. We may have been able to put your mind at ease so you could enjoy the rest of your stay.
We do appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our property which we take great pride in.
We hope you will be able to come back and see us again soon.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When you pay $390 for a room with an advertised rate of $135 you expect a little more effort on behalf of management. Granted it was a weekend when an motor race was being held in the city and rooms were scarce, but the operators could have made more of an effort. The room was very basic and not particularly clean. When I picked up the bath mat to hang it up, the underside was covered in black marks, suggesting that the floor needed cleaning. The sheets, while clean had a grey tinge about them and needed replacing, or at least a better detergent. Breakfast was not included in the rate and required another investment of $18 each, which we declined to make. Would it have killed management to make an exception when they were charging so much for the room. Similarly, I understand that their restaurant didn't open at weekends, but after a long day at the car race it would have been nice to eat in, rather then roam the streets looking for a restaurant. Check out time was 10am - On a Sunday! The earliest I have ever been asked to vacate the premises anywhere. So, all in all not a great experience. I have stayed at excellent Best Western properties throughout the world, sadly, this is not one of them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catcowan
Thank you for your feedback.
The room you booked on the internet was one of our queen rooms. The description of this room is shown quite clearly on the site you booked when you accepted the room rate. You will find for Special events room rates at all accommodation places (not just Bathurst) are higher. At time of booking you would have been aware that breakfast was not included in your room rate.
We have a very high standard of cleanliness, our rooms are cleaned every day and our linen is replaced (with new linen) regularly. All of our linen is commercially laundered. We are looking into the issue you mentioned regarding the bathmat.
You will find that nearly all motels in country regions and a few in the city have a checkout time of 10am. Our check in time is from 1pm, which is earlier than most motels. You were actually checked in to our motel an hour prior to our check in time, which even on a very busy weekend, we were more than happy to do for you.
It is unfortunate that you failed to comment on your stay while you were here. We are always more than happy to answer any questions or resolve any issues guests may have during their stay. We take all guest issues and feedback seriously .
We hope to see you again next time you are in Bathurst.
Management.

Travelers are raving about these Bathurst hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This property not four stars - room very cramped and cold and air conditioner very inefficient. Bathroom layout hopeless and exhaust fan useless. Poor lighting and nowhere to sit except the bed or a very hard upright chair.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lin R
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay and are extremely disappointed that you felt you were unable to speak to us at the time regarding the issues you had. We are very approachable and want all our guests to have a good experience during their stay. Unfortunately once you have left it is very hard to resolve or check any issues you have had.
You have booked a 3.5 star room for your stay. If you were requiring a sofa lounge for seating in your room our larger 3.5 star queen rooms with a sofa lounge may have been more suitable for you. We also have 4.5 star rooms available at the motel.
Please do not hesitate us regarding your issues with the bathroom layout as we would be interested to see the issues you were experiencing with the layout.
Our air conditioners are checked frequently to ensure they are working efficiently for all our guests. If you were experiencing an issue with the air conditioner in your room a quick phone call to Reception would have been able to resolve the matter quickly and efficiently for you, guaranteeing you a warm and cosy room for the rest of your stay. Sometimes it is just a matter of the control being on the wrong setting.
The bathrooms fans have all been found to be in good working order. These too are checked frequently for efficiency and that they are in good working order.
Like the electrical items around your home sometimes these appliances can stop working efficiently during your stay, and unfortunately if you do not report this matter to us we are unable to rectify the problem for you during your stay.
While Tripadvisor is a great forum for feedback for guest's stays, your first line of feedback should go to the motelier during your stay to at least give them the chance/opportunity to resolve any issues you may have. I'm sure you will find any issues you may have will be resolved quickly and efficiently.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Donna, Owner/Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for work. Reception staff were blunt but abliging. My TV didnt work, bedside lamp wouldnt turn on and shower water pressure woeful. Out of town and noisy. My room was nonsmoking but smokers area at bottom of stairs right outside my door so room smelt and I could hear smokers talking throughout the night. Had crickets in the room and even with (smelly) bug spray crickets sang all night keeping me awake.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank lozzamc
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
After waiting 4 months to write this review it appears you may have confused us with the wrong motel.
Management
New South Wales
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms really clean and tidy. We had it fir 2adults and 2 children. ( queen bed, single bed and sofa lounge made up.)
But of noise from traffic outside on the main drag. Beds were comfortable. Overall nice motel.

• Stayed April 2013
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +61 2 6331 4855.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the king beds are super comfy...check in was easy and the reception gentleman was very professional and polite.I had an above average meal and will absolutely be staying again next time...well done to all involved, value for money is getting harder to find but this place is the real deal.

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are pleased the rooms were to your satisfaction. And yes our king beds are 'super comfy' We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you next time you stay in Bathurst.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Too tired to drive any further I rang my wife and asked her to find me a motel in Bathurst. I was surprised when I put the address in my GPS that it took me through Bathurst and out the other side to a little suburb called Kelso, about 10 minutes out of town on the main road. I really wanted to stay in town but I was too tired to care. And I'm glad I was.

This place is excellent. The staff were so insanely friendly, and funny and helpful. They quickly brought a smile to my face. I was tired and grumpy and they cheered me up just by being so friendly.

The room was small-ish and a little dated, but it was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was HUGE, and again really clean. The bed was nice and comfy too. Dinner was a hamburger chips from just a couple of hundred metres up the road. And let me tell you, they do THE BEST HAMBURGER EVER. It was sooooooo nice.

I had to leave super early the next morning but there's a Maccas just up the road (I really needed a quick coffee) and a petrol station too so I could fill up, grab a coffee and be on the road in a jiffy.

The cost of the room was pretty cheap (from memory) and if I'm ever passing through Bathurst again and need a place to stay, I'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Geoffreyallan
Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.