“average accom”

Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed April 19, 2011

stayed 1 night, bit over priced for the standard they offer, meals very nice, room needs work windows dont close tight, asked for spa room but did not get , only bath in room with shower over bath, old style, noise from traffic comes in room, you can see daylight through sides of front door needs sealing, new tv's in room good, but need to fix the rest of room as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Never having stayed in Bathurst before my family was uncertain as to where to stay.

Being on an extended road trip with 2 children we needed somewhere affordable, clean, family friendly and relaxing. The Coachman's Inn certainly met all of our criteria.

From initial contact via the internet, follow up phone call and face to face on our arrival, the hosts of the Coachman's Inn were hospitable and welcoming. We've learnt travelling with 2 children can be daunting when arriving at a new place. Children often receive bad press for being loud and difficult. Tony & Donna welcomed us as if we were family.

Our room was immaculate. Whilst the children argued over who would have the pull out sofa or the single bed, my partner and I relished in the divine luxury of the king bed that out rates any of the better known (and more expensive) accommodation places we have stayed in.

The children were kept amused with their digital gadgetory whilst we relaxed in the lounge quaffing a wine and perusing the menu. A delicious meal was provided wth unfaultable service. Both adults and children happily content we settled in for a peaceful night.

Room service breakfast was spot on (I hate when the toast is cold and soggy) and the plunger coffee was a bonus.

Check out was problem free and we were packed and on the road with no fuss.

We will certainly be returning to the Coachman's Inn next visit to Bathurst. A perfect place to be for that special weekend when Mt Panorama comes alive.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed at this motel recently for the first and what I would say will be the last time.

The rooms are over the odds for what they are. they smell strange, the toilet in my room was dirty and the bed was very uncomfortable, the location would be the noisiest I have ever stayed at.The woman at the desk quoted one price and in the morning I was quoted another.

The night I stayed here there was no restaurant, thank god for the fish and chip shop up the road.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank batonbeat
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The motel is actually quite okay except for the noise. I got an executive room which was quite well laid out and roomy. Everything worked well. The grounds are stark and could be a bit nicer but the motel itself is in good condition.

The noise IS an issue. My room was second from the road and very noisy - the drubbing of trucks coming into town all night was a pain and sleep was difficult. The only other issue I did not like was that there is no restaurant breakfast service (trays only).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed in the King room. Nice clean modern rooms, comfortable, very good value, great large room for the price. Yes, as others have noted, it is noisy and on a main road but I would rather stay in this brand new motel for the same price as a 30 year dump in the centre of Bathurst. The food is very good too. And the service...well, I can see why some people would dislike the service. It is a bit hit and miss, sometimes friendly, sometimes abrupt. You do kind of feel you are doing them a favour by staying there. However, I would still return.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We rang ahead as we were coming into Bathurst late at night. We thought that Best Western would give us a good standard having stayed in many in the USA. The room was very noisy, hard pillows and poor air conditioning. We couldn't open the windows because of the noise. The room reminded me of a prison cell. I got out and moved into the single bed in the room to try and get some sleep. We got a very rude call from them the next day when we left say ing that they would charge us for using the additional bed in the room. Very rude and bad attitude.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui2494
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I'm not one to comment usually. I agree good value for money... a continental breakfast would be nice if included. Nice touches in the room.. stayed in a standard queen room with sofa bed.. didn't hear noise.. the only thing I really can't agree on with the other reviewers is the customer service, but maybe the manager was having a bad day! I found her quite brisk at check out and when I mentioned that the fridge didn't seem to close properly I felt like she bit my head off with a curt reply of "well it wasn't like that yesterday!" I left feeling like she was blaming me for the fridge... all I did was open it and it wouldn't close properly! It was sort of, well now that I've got your money I'm too busy to be nice! Sadly because of commitments I had already booked for a return visit, but quite seriously I am thinking twice about going back.. all because she couldn't muster smile and at least be courteous. She really needs to relearn her people skills.

• Stayed: May 2009