“Great pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Church Bar & Woodfired Pizza

The Church Bar & Woodfired Pizza
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bathurst, Australia
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our guest house hosts told us, we must try the Church bar while we were in Bathurst so we went for early Sunday night dinner. Outside looked nice but we decided to go inside. It was lovely, quiet(as it was quite early). The pizza's were great, thin tasty crusts with lovely fillings not smothered in cheese! just how we like them. We had Moroccan Lamb on Baby Spinach, Eggplant,
Mushrooms, Spring Onion, Garlic and Portuguese Chicken, Roast Capsicum, Spanish Onion
Cherry Tomatoes, Coriander, Fetta and Garlic Aioli, both were great, light, fresh flavours- no stodge! Had the featured Mortimers Cab sav and White rabbit dark ale, both went well. Will definitely return next time we are in Bathurst, maybe try lunch!

• Visited December 2012

Sydney
“Must visit when in Bathurst”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been to this awesome venue heaps with family and friends in Bathurst. It is packed from 6-12pm most nights with live music Fridays and Sunday's. Pizzas are always scrumptious. My favorite being the duck. I was lucky enough to have a few beers with one of the owners on my last visit and managed to get the inside running on how the duck tastes so good. Most of the meats for the pizzas are whole roasted in their wood fired oven then shredded for topping. Yum! Cocktail list would be at home in any bar in Sydney, my gf loves the woowoo! They now have white rabbit dark ale on Tap along with heaps of other boutiques. If you have a vb drinking ham & pineapple loving bloke in your group this isn't the place but if you are keen to try some different pizzas and some better than average booze than what are you waiting for!

• Visited September 2012
“RIDICUOUSLY AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This would have to be one of my favorite restaurants/bar of all time!!!

I love walking into a beautiful courtyard, through to the large bar with candles lit everywhere.

I have been here a few times, and everytime the service, food, atmosphere has been amamzing!!!

With an excellent selection of great wine, food and pizza for every persons taste and preference. My favorite pizza would have to be the Cheviot and my favorite cocktail - the french martini!! A MUST!

Service is also on top of my list- and nothing makes me come back more when there is excellent service - assisting you with the selection of your wines pizzas and cocktails giving you a detailed description of a variety that suit your taste, one bar tender had always stood in my mind, and I hope next time he is there to serve me again!!! ;)

The atmosphere would have to be one of the biggest things that has always imbedded in my mind- an old church school house replicates the mystery and romantic feel - candles placed everywhere and a great band or playlist playing setting off a great mood and putting everyone in a fun and relaxed mood :)

This would have to be the best restaurant and bar in the central west and I highly recommend it to everyone - an absolute must!

New South Wales, Australia
“Not bad, not great ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We visited on a cold, rainy Sunday seeking food and drink to break up our trip from Orange to Sydney.

Lovely room (although probably as cold as outside!), a decent drinks list and really friendly staff. Pizzas weren't bad either. Not great, but not dreadful.

Would I go back? Yes - I'd like to visit on a warm summer's evening as I reckon it would be pretty nice to sit out in the courtyard.

2 Thank SujoyP
Cairns, Australia
“Great pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great atmosphere on a Thursday night. A good range of wines by the glass to complement our pizzas. Five spice duck excellent and the trio of mushrooms superb. Worth a visit.

Visited November 2012