“Food is great - Best BLT”
Review of The Hub

The Hub
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THE HUB ESPRESSO BAR AND EATERY Espresso coffee, breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. Indoor and outdoor dining. Cosy fire in winter and a garden courtyard for the warmer months. The HUB philosophy is to use the finest ingredients, with locally roasted coffee and local food when possible - always from passionate suppliers with a commitment to quality + freshness. Hub chicken + eggs are free-range as well as other meats when possible. We have a strong commitment to recycling including, glass, cardboard, paper + plastics. Napkins used are made from recycled paper + coffee cups are biodegradable and carbon offset. 90% of the HUBs cleaning agents are natural + chemical free, better for our staffs health + yours. Nature + culture are high on our list. Outside our courtyard garden demonstrates what its like to be surrounded by plants + trees. Inside we display original artworks by local artists and promote cultural events + exhibitions happening in the region.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Best BLT my sister and I have ever eaten and great service too!

So we went back for lunch and greatly enjoyed our meal too. My sister had the squid salad and I had the warm sweet potato salad.

A big thank you to the staff especially Rory for making us feel welcome.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Now this is my regular by all means. At last in a town that has failed miserably in its offer for decent food and wine, this establishment is the salvation for foodies such as myself. An outstanding team that understands the concept of being professional and keeping a watchful eye without the invasive attitude. This place has a beautiful courtyard that turns into an creative jazz venue. The only negative for this booming business is that I have tried everything on their menu and I am quenching for something new and innovative.

I will also recommend that the barista with the oversized glasses and I believe an accent from the UK is the one to make your coffee! And finally, for the sake of any normal sized customer please look at raising the door handle, not all of us are suffering from dwarfism!

You will see me again without a doubt.

3  Thank Lucus1
Reviewed July 26, 2013

On a visit to Bathurst last weekend I had another lunch at this cafe. Once again I was not disapointed with this extremely busy "in" place. The meal portions are more than enough and can recommend the Lamb wrap.
The staff are exceptional and even though busy, try to fit you in. I would recommend that you book to guarantee where you would like to sit. That is inside or out. It is well worth trying this place and I am sure this will not be the last time I dine there with my family.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Yes it's popular and has good food for a reasonable price but there's a few shortcomings.
It's noisy at peak times. Could be a lot cleaner ie dirty floor, walls showing grime etc
One of the waitresses had some colourful language complaining about a customer, when talking to another waitress and thought she was out of range of the customers.
Throwing dirty tea towels that they had just wiped hands with over clean glasses.
If this is the best Bathurst has to offer then there's a bit to go yet, or are most people easily pleased these days? Certainly would need to smarten up a bit if it were in Sydney?

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Hub is a bustling, noisy and warm oasis in Bathurst. So noisy that the young musician/singer on a stool in front of the main service area could not be heard above the din; which was a shame as she sings/plays well. We had two coffees, shared a warm salad, which was well executed and served on separate plates (without asking), a slice of toast each (total $32). The noise level is from a full restaurant of vibrant conversation bouncing off hard surfaces. The outside area was quieter but cold. They need to lift their game on cleaning grotty toilets and floor surfaces, especially in the open kitchen area.