“Sweet Dreams”

Charlotte Apartments
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our apartment was huge, comfortable and quiet.
The best part? The bed! I rarely sleep well whilst travelling, but it was all sweet dreams for me in the most comfortable bed I have slept in.
The staff on board were so lovely. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin M, General Manager at Charlotte Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2017

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Friday afternoon to stay two nights. Friday night great. Quiet, pleased with room. On Saturday morning (remember I'm staying two nights) at 10am the cleaner knocked once then burst on in. I was just dressing and the cleaner saw the whole routine I had on offer. They kind of apologised and left. My wife and I went out for the day 15 minutes later. Before we left I went to reception and told the owner I couldn't get the dishwasher to work. He said he would ask the cleaners to have a look at it. We returned at 555pm to find the whole complex teeming with poorly dressed, rowdy bogans who were going to a wedding. Several of them decided they needed to park their car between 2 parks (embarrassingly one had a corolla hatch). This meant we had to park on the road. Management chose to turn a blind eye to this. We opened the door to find the room unserviced. Bed not made, towels on floor and rubbish not collected. I took my wet towels and went to reception to speak to the owner. He said 'no they wouldn't have gone back to service the room, they're not here long'. No apology. So we payed a premium price for a serviced apartment that wasn't serviced and had insufficient parking or owners with no spine to ask people to park properly. Not to mention the riot when the bogans returned which went uncontrolled. The free wi-fi was also rubbish and kept dropping out. I certainly wouldn't advertise it as a feature. If I was staying on business and was relying on said wi-fi I would have left straight away after discovering how poor it was. The common reply to feedback is 'if you told is we could have fixed it'. I tried to be open and clear with the owners. They have given me confusing mixed messages.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ballsdeeep

Hello,

Thank you for your great feedback. I hope we can welcome you back soon and re-address some of the issues as we're currently under new management.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had stayed for a couple of nights in the Charlotte Apartments in July of 2012, so on a recent trip to Canberra, decided to return via Bathurst and had the opportunity to stay again.
Once again the presentation of the apartment was first class with very good fixtures and fittings.
Unlike the last visit when I had a 1 bedroom spa apartment, this time I needed a 2 bedroom apartment. It was the disabled unit so it didn't have the level of little extra details that the other apartment had, which is understandable but still a shame.
The location to the centre of town is really handy for walking about but is also very quiet.
All in all, another good stay in Bathurst and I will stay at the apartments again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The apartments are full of thoughtful and practical touches that elevate this property into a home away from home: large and well furnished : I had a one bed spa apartment with quality finishes such as solid hardwood bed heads , two flat screens and a sound system in an armoire - reception was a genial
And swift and everything of interest within walking distance.
Very clean and well run and there's an obvious attempt to provide a well thought out and pleasant product in this charming inland town. Will definitely return .

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment. The beds were comfortable, shower hot and spa relaxing. Free wifi and the entire apartment was very clean. Great airconditioning (heating) as it was mid winter and freezing outside, but toasty inside. Quiet at night. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My partner and I spent 1 night here, supposedly the best place to stay in Bathurst..... ...the jets flew out of the spa bath, the water was very tepid, not hot at all..only 1 face flannel, and a broken CD player. ..Spent a month touring south Australia and this place was very dissapointing and not value for money at all

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pingyloo

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your horror stay! I would like to extend to you that we're currently under new management and we can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just had a one night stay at Charlotte Apartments but wish we could have stayed longer. It was like a home away from home as soon as we checked in. Very short walking distance to town and good Pizza bar. Apartments were quiet and in a lovely part of town. Very spacious and comfortable and a great base for a visit to Bathurst.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin M, General Manager at Charlotte Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017