“Good location, comfy bed but very unfriendly mean staff.”

Charlotte Apartments
“Good location, comfy bed but very unfriendly mean staff.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I came here for business. I wouldn't come back again. For the price I payed I expected friendlier service.
The room was outdated by about 20 or 30 years, there was no lift so I had to struggle up the massive steps with a bad hip and baggage, the lady at reception was so mean and unaccommodating even thou I was really nice to her. She seemed to look down on me like I was trash. The hotel was pretty much empty and wasn't at all what I expected. Ive stayed in $2000 star city rooms and travelled all over Australia and this was definitely the worst. I like paying the extra money for a nice hotel but only if it's up to par. This was far from it. Outdated, musty, mould in the shower and a broken heater. The furniture excluding the mattress was so old and mismatched. And the bed cover was from the 80s. I literally left here in tears as my stay was so horrible. The lady at the desk said I'd made calls out of the room and that she had a piece of paper with all the numbers on it and then charged my credit card all these fees. She wouldn't show me the paper. I grabbed it off her and it was blank. She was obviously trying to con me. Why would I use a room phone if I have unlimited calls on my iPhone and fantastic coverage? I wouldn't would i.

• Stayed October 2011
, Owner at Charlotte Apartments, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am at odds with this review as it contradicts all other reviews. The apartments are between 4 & 7 years old very modern. Most have been refurbished this year. We do not have any female staff, so not sure who the guest is referring too . Must be confused with another Serviced Apartments. Other reviews highlight the cleanliness?? Never had any issues with phone charges - everyone uses mobiles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had a wonderful experience at the apartments last night. We booked a 1 bedroom apartement for the 4 of us (2a and 2c) but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom. Very pleased. The room was impecabbly clean and the heated bathroom floor was a treat. The kitchen was very well equipped but we did not use it as we chose to eat out. The shower was great and had really nice water pressure and heat - as it was really cold outside but we were toasty in our room. The beds were very comfortable and the customer service both on check in and check out was efficient, friendly and great. I thought that it may have been a little noisy as they are located only 1 block from the main highway but we did not hear any traffic noises at all. We are locals and chose to stay in the apartments as we were moving house - very happy with our choice. I would highly recommend the apartments to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 22 which is up the back and away from the main part of the complex. It is also on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Martin M, General Manager at Charlotte Apartments, responded to this review, February 13, 2017

Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in a 2 bedroom apartment...ground floor.. the main thing for me is the toilet/shower ...it was super dooper clean...am fussy with accommodation. I dont stay in anything less than 4*...well this was to my standard. i read comments below that is was not a good place however i stayed in a well cleaned place. the only thing i did not like was the 3rd bed (sofa bed ) in the living room. Also did not like the lounge seats they are fabric so i feel they are always with germs...they should have been leather or similar more hygienic. On our arrival the air conditioned was on because it was a very cold day. I had searched many places so i was afraid what i had booked. It did the job for us and am grateful i had a peaceful sleep and shower in a clean bath...no marks no scum no smells in the toilet. thanks. I do recommend though keep in mind that not all apartments might be as good as this one.

Room Tip: It does not have swimming pool nor fitness centre.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A small self contained apartment blocks right off the edge of the main strip of Bathurst. For a small town, this place is awesome. In its original late 80s state, the decor is a bit dated but very well kept. The customer service from the manager was some of the best and friendliest I've ever experienced. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012

Canberra
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Extremely reasonable rate for a 1 bed apartment with kitchen facilities (we just turned up, did not book in advance). The room was very clean and well appointed. The only down side was a faulty airconditioner (very noisy), but to the credit of the Manager, he did offer us another room. We did not take him up on this offer as we had already unpacked our 4x4 full of baby stuff, and the desire for a quiet airconditioner was overridden by the prospect of re-packing and lugging everything upstairs to the only other vacant apartment. Easy walking distance to restaurants and the centre of town - everything you could need within 10 minutes walk. Highly recommended and we will be going back. Happy to recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Lithgow, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Was perfect for one night stay so my friends & i could go out in Bathurst.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends