“Good - almost”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Sydney, Australia
“Good - almost”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Quite liked the room in terms of general comfort, spaciousness and quiet & had a reasonably pleasant stay. Nicely furnished and a large comfortable bed.The included breakfast was really good, plenty of choice & the restaurant offers a pleasant outlook. Just a quick welcome guide from the staff would have made it an even better experience (eg we overlooked the self serve espresso machine). Some things did detract: TV didn't work for ABC, Wifi was only intermittent & the bathroom did have a slight odour and taps that needed attention. Potentially, a good place to stop - just some minor improvements needed.

Room Tip: For mature aged people, wouldn't recommend upstairs' rooms & we found it a little awkwar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and spacious. The renovations in our hotel continue and we hope to be complete by the end of the year. My email address is gm@qualityhotelbathurst.com.au. I would like to know which room you stayed in, in order for us to fix any issues you have raised.

Again thankyou for staying with us.

Ali Simms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I definitely will stay again. The room was beautiful and the bed really comfy. The breakfast was exceptional. Thank you for serving it in our room as I am unable to do the stairs. I agree with the last comment, bathrooms are not completed however shower was great and ample enough room even with my crutches. Heating works very well..woke up to minus 4.

Will recommend to all our friends(we kinda have already).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We have worked hard to make our breakfast something special and are pleased you felt the same way.

As I previously stated the renovations of our rooms and bathrooms will continue and we hope to be complete before the end of the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Hotel in Bathurst (perhaps when the weather is slightly warmer !).

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My first time staying here - usually stay in Orange, but for various reasons, decided to give Bathurst my business.
Received an upgrade on arrival. Room was outstanding - large and modern with a really comfortable king bed. Heating worked well, especially on a cold winters night.
Room service dinner and breakfast was also amongst the best I have had - and reasonably priced.
Free wifi as well - what more could I ask for ???
I "think" the bathroom has not been remodeled - it was fine, but the ceiling tiles were cracked and peeling and there was a small amount of mould on the shower curtain. Not a huge deal as the shower pressure and temperature was just what I needed after a long drive.
Location was a fraction noisy in the morning, but nice and quiet through the night.
Have to say "farewell to Orange - hello to Bathurst", I will be back !

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Brooke140
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Brooke,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Its always great to receive any feedback.

Our renovations are still on going with particular attention to our bathrooms. This work is not due for completion until the end of the year. We have renovated over 30 of our bathrooms and we would love to show you the finished product next time your with us.

Again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked in for 2 nights on business and received an upgrade on arrival. As I arrived on a Sunday evening, I was informed that the restaurant was closed, which was a little disappointing, but understandable. The freshly renovated room was nice, with an excellent rainshower.

My problem is that I have never had 2 consecutive bad nights of sleep like this....... ever. On the first night I was awoken at around 3am by a very loud "percolating" noise which turned out to be the wall mounted radiator heater. I thought it would stop, but it didn't, and it was so loud that I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. I reported it to the receptionist the next morning, and her response was "you can just turn it off at the tap". "That's fine", I explained, "but the tap is broken and is laying on the floor next to the heater. You'll need to get a tradesman in with a spanner to fix it". She said "Fine, I'll get someone to look at it".

On my second night after retiring to my room late, it appeared that no one had addressed the problem since the heater was still operating and the knob was sitting on the same spot on the floor. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that possibly the problem was elsewhere in the water loop and had been fixed, but besides it was now too late to call anyone to come and look at it.

Sure enough, at 3am...... "GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE" all damn night. No more sleep. I was absolutely furious. On checkout, all red eyed from lack of sleep for two consecutive nights, I had to contain myself to the receptionist, who was now a different lady from the night before. I calmly explained the situation and said I'll never be back. She was very apologetic, and offered to hold the room payment until she had a chance to discuss with the manager. I kindly refused this offer as I needed the accommodation receipts to claim other travel expenses for work. OK she said "I won't charge you the mini bar". I shrugged my shoulders and accepted this mild offer.

Imagine my disgust when I checked the credit card statement and found that they decided to charge the mini bar afterwards anyway, except now I don't even have the receipt. After stewing on whether to write the review for more than a week, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've since found somewhere better to stay thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Justin_and_Sylvia
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Justin,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Hotel Bathurst. I am very disappointed with this and have forwarded you an email on the email address supplied on your booking. I did speak to another guest from your company who informed me of this and the problem was addressed by our maintenance man immediately. I offer my sincere apologies that it was not addressed during your stay. Unfortunately I was neither manager was in the hotel during your stay. I am pleased to see you giving us 4 and 5 stars for all other areas. I have also dealt with the mini bar charge. I know that missing sleep leaves you with a bad taste I only hope we can make it up to you.

Paul and Ali Simms
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived after 30+ hours of travel all I wanted was a hot shower. What do I get? Plumbing issues (cloudy water) and no hot water. Nice. Next morning no cook to make hot breakfast selections. Then my work project gets cut short so I have to check out early. In the morning the front desk says I must still pay for that night even if I checkout. No management is available. In fact I'm told "management is off today." Seriously? No manager. I wont even get into how badly this place needs renovation. So take my advice and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank David-FL94
Dear David

Thank you for your review of our hotel. To ensure we are able to offer the best possible service to our guests we recently replaced the entire hot water system in our hotel. As a result we had to turn ALL hot water off in our hotel.

Upon check in our guests who arrived prior to our normal check in time were informed that hot water WOULD not be available until after 2pm (our standard check in time). I offer my apologies that is was not available prior to 2pm however upgrades are necessary in order to make our guests more comfortable.

We are currently renovating our hotel. We have completed 80% of our rooms with the remainder due for completion towards the end of the year. This includes removing many of our existing bathrooms and replacing them with more modern and up to date facilities. Many of our rooms now have 'wet room' bathrooms however this was not the case in your room.

We are an officially rated AAA 4 star hotel (not self rated).

Our 24 hour cancellation policy is for the protection of our guests and of us. We do this in line with about 99% of hotels across the world.

I offer my apologies for not being able to shower upon arrival. I will also email you on the address supplied in your booking.

Walcha
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Anther great stay pleased to be "Repeat Customers" Welcoming friendly staff, great rooms very quiet. Continental breakfast is like no other on offer not just your usual toast and cereal. Great value all round we have found our home away from home in Bathurst

Room Tip: Can't comment on kids activities, spa was out of action
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for your review of our hotel. We have worked hard to make our breakfast something special. As they say its the most important meal of the today. We love to see reviews both good and bad especially from senior reviewers such as yourself. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Paul and Alison Simms
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I think after reading some reviews of this establishment that they are very generous at best!! The bathroom in my room was filthy with a weird smell. My room service meal was not even what I ordered, after calling reception they advised me "we are out of that"....no phone call to advise me just decided I might like something like what I ordered. For the bucks I have to say very ordinary...I travel through Bathurst once a month on business and now stay at another motel, not fair to say which one, but I will say, its very clean, you get what you order from the restaurant and it is fanastic food. Not deep fried garbage with a fancy description.....think twice, if your not using the pool there are much better options for the same money.....much better options indeed.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for your feed back on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as we strive to make our hotel a better place to stay.

I would like to hear the deatils of your stay and can be contacted personally on gm@qualityhotelbathurst.com.au. We need to identify the dates and room that you stayed in so operationally we are able to correct any errors.

In relation to your bathroom there are a small number that have NOT YET been renovated however this will completed in the next 2 to 3 months as all our renovations are currently on going.

Please note many of the people doing reviews are "senior reviewers" who do reviews at hotels all over the world. Its one like yours where you have done a 'one off' review that people tend to question which is why we would love to verify your details with us personally.

However as stated I would very much like to hear the details of your stay so that any issues can be dealt with immediately.

Again thank you and regards

Paul and Ali Simms