“Genuine reviews?”

Quality Hotel Bathurst
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
“Genuine reviews?”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I think after reading some reviews of this establishment that they are very generous at best!! The bathroom in my room was filthy with a weird smell. My room service meal was not even what I ordered, after calling reception they advised me "we are out of that"....no phone call to advise me just decided I might like something like what I ordered. For the bucks I have to say very ordinary...I travel through Bathurst once a month on business and now stay at another motel, not fair to say which one, but I will say, its very clean, you get what you order from the restaurant and it is fanastic food. Not deep fried garbage with a fancy description.....think twice, if your not using the pool there are much better options for the same money.....much better options indeed.

• Stayed March 2013
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for your feed back on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as we strive to make our hotel a better place to stay.

I would like to hear the deatils of your stay and can be contacted personally on gm@qualityhotelbathurst.com.au. We need to identify the dates and room that you stayed in so operationally we are able to correct any errors.

In relation to your bathroom there are a small number that have NOT YET been renovated however this will completed in the next 2 to 3 months as all our renovations are currently on going.

Please note many of the people doing reviews are "senior reviewers" who do reviews at hotels all over the world. Its one like yours where you have done a 'one off' review that people tend to question which is why we would love to verify your details with us personally.

However as stated I would very much like to hear the details of your stay so that any issues can be dealt with immediately.

Again thank you and regards

Paul and Ali Simms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sydney
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Hotel with our two teenage kids. Because we were a little late in making the booking, all family rooms were already taken so we booked 2 interconnecting rooms.

Both rooms were clean and looked relatively new and although not huge were more than large enough for our needs. The beds were possibly the most comfortable we've slept in away from home. A continental buffet breakfast was included in our room rate and we were all very impressed with the selection on offer.

The heated indoor pool was very popular with the kids, they enjoyed it for an hour or so before dinner.

The rooms are excellent value for money, with the only negative being the close proximity to a fairly major road generating some road noise, although this was nowhere near as loud as I thought it might have been.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room facing the back of the property as I feel this side would be a little...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AussiePlaty
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thankyou for your lovely review of our hotel. Our deluxe rooms and deluxe twin rooms have recently been refurbished. Brand new beds, brand new furniture, new bathrooms, new flat screen tv's and new carpet. We were very happy with the result and are so pleased our guests are too.

We have worked hard to make our rooms fresh and comfortable.

We also believe breakfast is amazing !!! We know the kids love the pancake machine and mums and dads the coffee machine !

We appreciate all feedback and look forward to welcome you and your family again.

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here with my husband and two teenagers in a family room. The room was perfect- spacious and beautifully renovated. The size of the bath has to be seen to be believed.

The owners were helpful and really friendly. The indoor heated pool and spa were a hit with the kids (and us!). Such a good added extra.

Ending our stay with complimentary breakfast topped off a great stay. As my dad has moved to Bathurst we will definitely be back here...I doubt my fussy teenagers would want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KLBJH
QualityBathurst, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We love to see people enjoying themselves in our hotel. You were certainly a pleasure to host and we look forward to welcoming you back.

We also extend our best wishes to your father.

Paul and Alison Simms
Manager
Armidale, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After reading some other reviews of this hotel I was wondering if I had stayed at the same place.... Maybe it was because it was pretty full up, but we got a small shabby room, with mould in the bathroom for Au139 (more than what I have payed for a Hilton in Toronto).
These rooms were across the drive from the reception, perhaps there is another block that is better. The stairs looked as if someone had vomited on them (though thankfully no smell). The reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. The restaurant substituted without asking as they had run out of the selected option. Other guests in the room block seemed inebriated. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mark p
I am very saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The rooms across from reception have no stairs leading to them. Also I am unable to find your booking in our system anywhere.

We do however appreciate all feedback good and bad and will certainly address the issues that you have raised.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Arrived at the Quality Hotel in Bathurst after a long day of travelling, and were met by the managers who were very welcoming and checked us in quickly. We were showed to our room which was HUGE, modern and has the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. The hotel has a lovely lounge bar / restaurant area upstairs above reception and was a great place for a drink and dinner as the sun went down. All the staff were friendly, service was excellent, and food was yum!
Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fentonella
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay - it is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a fantastic recent stay at this Quality Hotel in Bathurst .. After a long motorcycle ride from Sydney the mangers Alison & Paul could not be more welcoming ..
The room was large, spotlessly clean and the bed was the best hotel bed yet I have slept in.. Had dinner later that night in the restaurant located upstairs and again food and service was fantastic..
If your heading to Bathurst I highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Martys74
Thank you for your feedback in relation to our hotel.

It is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I got to Bathurst late afternoon on Sunday and had already booked for 2 nights. I had to be back in Canberra on Monday night and the very helpful lady at the front desk cancelled my second night, no trouble, no fee.

We got a lovely room with 2 king single, very comfortable bed with such lovely sheets and everything about the room and even the bathroom was so clean! Breakfast and free fast wifi included, you really can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

We are always so pleased to read that staff and management our making our guests welcome and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.