“Best Place in Bathurst to Stay”

Quality Hotel Bathurst
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Sydney
“Best Place in Bathurst to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

New-ish owners/managers here who have moved from Canberra.
A lovely couple with a very cute dog who hangs around reception.
These people are very welcoming and seem genuinely concerned that you had a nice stay.
I stayed in one the refurbished rooms (I think they have finished re-fitting about half of the rooms) and it was very nice and much fresher than the old rooms I have stayed in previously here.
Very comfortable bed and lovely pillows.
Great room service dinner special of $25 for 2 courses - perfect for the travelling sales rep.
Good selection of FTA and Foxtel channels on TV. Air-con efficient and effective.
Bathroom modern, but water pressure in the shower ok but not brilliant. (New "rain forest" shower head that I think is meant to be a water saver device - which it does!) Not a deal-breaker though.

Good breakfast across in the restaurant upstairs that will set you up nicely for the day.

Minor point, but power points not conveniently located in the room for business travellers (they're behind the Minibar unit) but I mentioned this on check-out and they said that it was a good point and would look into moving it. Very proactive - great to see this. Again, not a major point at all, but something worth mentioning.

A very good hotel and one I would recommend for when visiting Bathurst.

Room Tip: If you have big luggage or aren't that mobile, request a room on the ground floor - First floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lachlan72
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Lachlan

Thank you for your extremely thorough and professional review. We greatly appreciate it.

We are currently renovating ALL the rooms in our hotel with completion due in October.

We look forward to showcasing the remainder of the rooms to you on your next stay.

We have now replaced the location of the powerpoints in the room and without it being bought to our attention we would not have known.

Isabella says hi.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ali Simms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was born in Bathurst but now live in parramatta. I come to Bathurst on a regular occasion to visit my 92 year old Mum who is in care. These visits are always stressful due to my Mum's memory loss and health issues, but I love her dearly and love to visit her. I have stayed at the Quality Inn Hotel every time if I can get a room, I just love the whole experience. Paul and Ali, the resident manager"s are just lovely and nothing is a problem for them ( plus Izzy, the resident doggie, is just gorgeous) It is so nice to be able to pat her when I am away from my own fur babies.
On my last visit my fiancee, who is going through cancer treatment and does not like to travel, came with me.When I rang to confirm our booking for the night of Friday 16th november 2012 Paul told me that we had been upgraded to the executive king spa suite, I was so happy.When we finally got to the motel I was greeted, by name, by Alison and Izzy and welcomed back. We had the best room, including a lovely leather recliner that I could of slept in.Our full breakfast was bought to our room right on time and hot and fresh.I cannot fault the services and the staff,everything in the room works and is spotlessly clean. I will continue to stay at this motel as I am so relaxed when I leave, my fiancee was more than happy with everything and he had a relaxing stay. He even said he will come again. I highly recommend this motel and as I work in the motel industry I know a good motel from a bad one. Also I am very fussy but the motel has never given me any negative experiences during any of my visit's. I look forward to staying at the Quality Inn Motel, give it a go, you will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: To choose a good room just make a booking, all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

It is a pleasure to get to know our guests and an even greater pleasure to see them return over and over again.

As always we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Ali
Laidley, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had booked this hotel on its home website and when we arrived I asked if we could upgrade to a room for 3 people. This they did with very little fuss, and offered us a good discounted rate of just an extra $40 which included breakfast. The upgrade was to a spa room with fireplace and recliner leather chair. The large and comfortable sofa converted to a double bed for our third guest. We were impressed by the service and breakfast (continental breakfast was included in the price of $159 for three) was yummy. We upgraded for an extra $9 each to a huge cooked meal. For those who enjoy cereal, croissants and pancakes, the continental breakfast would be quite sufficient as it was varied and included fresh and dried fruits as well as an instant pancake maker! The restaurant overlooked the city and was a lovely way to start the day. They also serve evening meals in the restaurant. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelbugbitten10
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to any feedback so we can constantly improve on the service that we provide.

Each and every guest is important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a weekend conference to attend, which was not held at this venue. So I booked a couple of nights and was set for the weekend. One thing that impressed me was a phone call about an hour or so before I arrived, to confirm I was indeed not too far away. Check in was fairly smooth and I found my room to be upstairs. It faced Mount Panorama, which I quite liked.
Now my first impressions of the room, were that it was very spacious, clean and tidy. It was cosy and even had a fireplace, weather fake or not, it was quite a nice touch. There was a note which asked residents to have patience whilst the hotel upgrades the rooms. It was a good idea to inform redisdents of the upgrade. I say this because after the first impressions, some things become evident about the room. There appears to be a need for a refurbish. some of the furniture looked quaintly dated. The bathroom, whilst fairly clean, is in need of modernisation. I love hotels that have liquid dispensers as did this room. However, they were not so well placed as the reach across the bath and vanity was a stretch. When all said and done, these are minor quibbles. The main purpose of a hotel is to provide a good night's sleep. Both nights were very peaceful and I found myself having a solid night's sleep on Friday and Saturday night. The bed was comfortable and appropriately dressed, i.e. not too hot or cold. The hotel was well placed with regard to the major roads in and out of Bathurst. The breakfast I chose was the continental and I have to say, there was a fine spread of foods to choose from. All in all, because I slept so well, I rate this hotel as a great place to stay. As I always say, the staff make a place. This hotel indeed, had very friendly and efficient staff who are a credit to the hotel and indeed the wider hotel chain!

Room Tip: Ask for one facing Mount Panorama, though this was my first stay remember!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Intrepidtravella
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are still renovating with renovations of our rooms due for completion in October 2013.

It of course is a long process. As a result of your review we have moved the liquid dispensers.

Again we thank you for your feedback and your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Ballina, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

On Friday 12th October 2012 I had a reservation for this hotel. It was booked through wotif.com
Unfortunately a huge unseasonal snow storm blocked both highways over the blue mountains to Bathurst (not experienced for more than 100 years). At 9am when advised of this I called the hotel. I was told that I could transfer to another night when the roads were open. When I called back to confirm I was advised again by an extremly rude male in reception that this was not possible and that wotif.com would not allow a transfer. AT NO TIME WAS I AFTER A REFUND! I called wotif.com they offered to ring this establishment because of the uncontrollable circumstance I found myself in and they then advised that the hotel would not change the reservation. Who is lying? I suspect the so called LACK of Quality Hotel. We did go to Bathurst when the road was opened but stayed at another establishment who told us they did refund and move reservations for the night of Friday 15th and were horrified at the treatment we had borne. I would not recommend booking with wotif.com or staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ken G
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is certainly a disappointment that you did not get to stay with us.

When making a booking we strongly encourage our guests to book directly with us. As unfortunately when you read the terms and conditions on ANY WOTIF booking it reads as follows

Cancellations or changes to bookings for this
room will not be permitted for any reason. Once
confirmed a booking cannot be refunded or altered
in any way.

These guidelines are put in place to protect both the hotels and the guests.

We did offer a complimentary nights accomodation to your and your family however you decided not to take this. Our information from Bathurst Police and the local RTA was that the road was only closed for 2.5 hours.

We extend our apologies however sadly we cannot control the weather.

Thank you again for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have seen improvement in this hotel over the years - slowly but surely. The choice of rooms is important. The ground floor room is really convenient if you are driving - and it's 3 steps from your car boot to your room. Great when you have kids who seem to have everything all over the car. But if you are a late-riser, ask for a room on the second floor which can be quieter. Once I stayed on a room downstairs (I did not have a car) and there were other guests choosing to leave at 5am and it was a racket outside as they loaded their cars right outside my hotel room. So annoying; so be forewarned.

I found the room I got upstairs was a bit inconvenient as it did not have a writing desk. It had a round table though, more suited for tea for two. The plug point was also located at a rather inconvenient place.

This hotel uses the wall-attached dispenser for shampoo, conditioner, etc and for the three days I stayed there - it was never refilled. It was most annoying when I checked in and went out, only to return about midnight to have my shower - to find out that there was no body shampoo. At this time of the night, there was no one to call! I am sure housekeeping could do a better job. Went out next day to get my own and for the next three days I noted that the container was never refilled. So hotel management - please put this on your check list for housekeeping. My one night of going to bed just washing with water will forever remain in my memory of your oversight.

There are steps (and lots of them) for the top floor rooms so if you are negotiating a huge bag or boxes - just choose to stay downstairs. The corridors are fairly narrow and the walls fairly thin too. Internet is chargeable and water at $4 a bottle (petrol is obviously cheaper).

The breakfast provided is continental. It's very substantial. The most unique is their automatic pancake maker. It also has an automatic coffee-tea-hot choc maker. Full choice of fruits and cereals. The croissants and pastries are very limited though. The dining area is full of light and an excellent start for the day.

There's a small swimming pool in a bit awkward area but I would take that as something for the kids rather than the adults.

Room Tip: Read my review for more details on choice of room - upstairs or downstairs. A wrong choice could det...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityBathurst, General Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. It is greatly appreciated. As a result of your feedback our housekeeping staff have a check list which includes checking and re-filling the dispensers.

We appreciate ALL feedback good and bad as we strive to make our hotel a better and more comfortable for all our guests.

Should you return to Bathurst we would love for you to see the work that we are currently doing on the hotel. We have now refurbished over 75% of the rooms in the hotel with completion due in October 2013.

Should you wish to book with us again please contact me directly at gm@qualityhotelbathurst.com.au

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I had to return to Bathurst for a family function and was wowed at the quality hotel! I stayed in room 108 and can't fault it ! Reception staff were warm and welcoming as well as the dog :) dinner in the restaurant was good value and once again the waitress was very happy and friendly. Then breakfast was a HUGH selection and was all included in the room rate! Pancake machine, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, coffee machine, breads, ham , tomato, tub yought and these tasty youghts in classes with berries and ropes with muesli !!

• Stayed September 2012
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Our renovations continue in order to provide our guests with more up to date and modern facilities.

We appreciate ALL feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again.