“RIPPED OFF BY BETTY at B&B's Retreat!”
Review of Busy Buzz

Busy Buzz
Busy Buzz
Ranked #17 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere!!!
RUDE, ARROGANT, OBNOXIOUS, TOXIC.
We travelled from the Gold Coast to Bathurst to attend the GT Falcon Nationals over the last weekend in April.
We were assured of off street parking for our 1971 GTHO Falcon,
Bettys husband (poor bloke) said there was parking for four cars round the side out of view accessed by a cul-de-sac with very little traffic....On our arrival Betty hunted us away from the one car taking up central position blocking any chance of getting another car in, she told us the park on the footpath driveway on the busy street side, expected to leave a $150,000 collector item historic muscle car out as a target for car thieves or vandals.

THE IRON LADY'S ASSURANCE OF A REFUND HAS NOT BEEN FORTHCOMING (surprise surprise!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Chrisso57
There are newer reviews for Busy Buzz

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I would suggest retreat is very appropriate.... as far away from this establishment as possible. Rude, arrogant treatment was unbelievable by Betty the owner. Apalling email response recieved when trying to cancel a booking over 1 month ahead as a result of a mistake (yes my mistake). Should have read Trip Advisor reviews BEFORE making booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank mbw555
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Months and months ago but I had to say something...... I read the other reviews and I know it wasnt just me... Don't..... just DON'T.

Yes it is clean. The bed was comfortable and if the owner did not live there it wouldnt be all that bad. But she does.

RUN

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ChineseLaundry
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Having stayed at this appaling place i felt complelled to write a review to recommend to everyone do not stay at this B&B if you could call it that . From the moment we arrived it just went from bad to worse , starting with being barked at to close the sliding door before you even stepped in the house , the layout of the house makes it impossible to have any pivacy but the main issue is Betty she is simply a tyrant and at best rude , she is does not know how to speak to people in a pleasant manner or have any idea about customer service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank andrew M
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed one night at this establishment and found the accomadation clean and comfortable. The position was good in a quiet residential street and the other guests were thoughtfull and courtious. The breakfast was well cooked and plentiful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Allan H
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Betty should be known as 'Margie'
The iron lady she is.
Nothing is too much trouble as long as you don't do anything that might put her out.
For goodness sake don't get up early for Breakfast. It's 7.30 am you know.
NOT 7.15am. Stay in your room till it is ready or your in trouble.
Poor Phil (hubby) no wonder he turns his hearing aids off.
Don't use too many towels or bath matts & for goodness sakes, don't turn on any lights.
Do your self a favour 'DO NOT STAY HERE'
It is just a big house that an old lady makes a motsa out of on the side.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank James B
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed with my partner and daughter when I needed to be in Bathurst for residential school at the university while I was studying. This was over a year ago but I wanted to provide a review as I really feel our experience warrants mentioning for future potential guests.

We had a horribly uncomfortable stay as we felt continually watched by the female owner of the house. We also hadn't quite realised before staying that we would be staying in the owners' home, where they too lived, and shared a kitchen.

Prior to booking I had asked whether the accommodation was suitable for us as a small family with a toddler. I was assured this wasn't a problem. I had mentioned that my partner would need to be around during the day so our daughter could have daytime sleeps. However when we stayed this was extremely awkward, as the owner actually spent the day approaching my partner and offering unsolicited parenting tips, and- at one point- telling him off for opening the blinds in the "guest lounge", as this may upset other guests (there was no one but us staying)

When we arrived she showed us around the kitchen and pointed out all the things we weren't to touch while staying. She pointed out the TV in the kitchen area and told us to make use of it. That evening my partner turned the TV on and was watching it for two minutes before the owner suddenly marched out from her end of the house, grabbed the control out of my partner's hand, saying "I'm going to have to take this now" and turned the TV off. At this point I told the owner how uncomfortable we were with staying, and that we were unhappy with being spoken to in a patronising manner. As we were booked for another two nights I requested half of my money back so we could relocate to a motel. The owner initially refused, claiming she had had to refuse other bookings for us so we could not have any money returned. I pointed out that there had been no other guests so far in the other room, and the owner then agreed to return 50% of the money I had paid for 3 nights, having only stayed one. This experience has actually put me off bed and breakfasts. It is the worst accommodation experience I have ever had, and I have stayed in quite a variety of motels etc while travelling for work and for my own enjoyment. I would avoid this place if you would like an enjoyable and unwatched trip! I felt very stressed by this experience. I felt I was treated like a potential criminal/ delinquent child while paying for the pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family